Oktober Feasts

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
last Monday was my doublenickel bday so I celebrated with Oktoberfest bratwurst and bier

IMG_5644.JPG

the butcher shoppe I bought the brats from treats their bday customers with a free bacon-wrapped filet
and no scrawny filet either, that thing was over 1 pound.

IMG_5646.JPG

brats on

IMG_5649.JPG

filet on

IMG_5650.JPG

brats done

IMG_5652.JPG

filet done

IMG_5654.JPG

and plated (took the filet to work the next day to eet in front of a few co-workers)

IMG_5655.JPG

the next day I grilled up a coupla Porterhouse Pork Chops

IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5661.JPG

then served with grilled cob corn from this past summer and sweet potatoes.

IMG_5671.JPG

and then yesterday, I grilled a few filets of Tilapia

IMG_5679.JPG

quick & easy

IMG_5682.JPG

only two winter sides on the PV... need some heat to stretch out the vinyl to get the last side on...

IMG_5683.JPG

it was near 32ºF during that fish cook
anyway, it was done & served with crab cakes and asparagus with another Wisconsin Oktoberfest brew.

IMG_5690.JPG
I gotta get some different plates...

Thanks for your time :eek:

You know the cold Wx is coming when Jim puts up the sides. My toes may even get cold at the Jack this year. Never stops the grilled excellence from coming though.

Happy Birthday you Ole Fart!! :)

Great cooks; you are giving the Pigvilion a workout! I had crabcakes yesterday.... they are a personal favorite and yours look beautiful!

You definitely know how to do it up right, Jim!

Some mighty fine lookin' cooks, my friend. Great job!!

Happy Birthday Jim and many years of happiness and health to you! Cooks are fantastic. Thank you for being YOU! And always keeping us entertained with your jokes and inspirational grilling. :D

Happy Birthday Jim! Great plates with beautiful color, all of them! Double nickle's not so bad, life just moves faster and faster now.

Happy Birthday good buddy! Here's to many more. Looks like you celebrated in fine Lampe style: eatin' beautiful grilled food!

Back