New Weber pellet grills for 2020

I, too, got my shipping notification this afternoon. Estimated delivery is Friday, pending the shipper contacting me.

I am wondering if they only released a very limited number of units to all retailers and we will be in for another wait for them all to be restocked. Could be Weber only wants a limited number of units in the real world until they know there are no big problems with them. The early adopters could be test subjects.

I am wondering if they only released a very limited number of units to all retailers and we will be in for another wait for them all to be restocked. Could be Weber only wants a limited number of units in the real world until they know there are no big problems with them. The early adopters could be test subjects.

We will be an extended beta. Hopefully, Weber is more mature than some of the others out there so the core design and base programming is solid enough to produce good results. If that's the case it will likely get better as both the firmware and app are updated. My Timberline 1300 was a nightmare when I was an early adopter and it still is. I have much more confidence in Weber, which is why I ordered the EX6.

I received the Weber 7191 cover for the EX6 from Amazon today. I also have four bags of pellets on the way from Lowes (Cherry and Comp), but unless they are amazing, I'm going to stick with Lumberjack or Cookinpellets due to price/consistency. The EX6 is still scheduled for delivery on Thursday afternoon via RL Carriers.

The disturbance in the force has finally shown itself. Open the floodgates.
Lot of activity to come. Waiting for the first mega brisket test

I want to see an EX6 with two briskets on the left and three racks of ribs on the right.

I take it as it was more of an allocation. The Ace distribution center mine is coming from was only slated to get 10 of each size in the first wave. Fortunately mine is in that release.

Just like my Rec Tec, that thing is begging for a fold-down front table. I am really glad the guy I bought my Rec Tec from went all out and got that. Unlike some of the other stainless parts on my grill, it is even 304 stainless. Embossed with the Rec Tec "Bull" logo, too!

lUy6EXN.jpg

Just when I thought I don’t need to make a front shelf for mine something rekindles the itch. Jon, you’re tempting me. Is that a 10 inch shelf?

The first reviews are showing up on the Weber website. Great grill. Not great app..

Last edited:
Just like my Rec Tec, that thing is begging for a fold-down front table. I am really glad the guy I bought my Rec Tec from went all out and got that. Unlike some of the other stainless parts on my grill, it is even 304 stainless. Embossed with the Rec Tec "Bull" logo, too!

lUy6EXN.jpg

That’s a good looking smoker John.

Just when I thought I don’t need to make a front shelf for mine something rekindles the itch. Jon, you’re tempting me. Is that a 10 inch shelf?

The first reviews are showing up on the Weber website. Great grill. Not great app..

I just measured. The Rec Tec shelf is 12” deep and 34” wide. It definitely comes in handy. Red Tec both came to the same conclusion, I think, and tried to keep the entry price down and offer upgrades as people choose. Rec Tec offers some package deals for buyers who already know they want more right off the bat. You could certainly use any table next to your new SmokeFire and do just fine.

Thanks Jon. To add a shelf to my Camp Chef I would bolt 2 folding brackets to the legs and screw a wooden table top to the brackets. I do woodworking so the top would be fun. I don't see a Smokefire in my future due to cost,

My Camp Chef came with a folding front shelf and a stationary side shelf, but I still had to spend almost $100 for new front legs with casters. But the total still stayed under $500.

49469897626_c8ac4a031a_z.jpg
[/url]100_5564 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich, So your Camp Chef model came with those as standard? I think I remember yours being a special edition?

Yeah Rich, that's a good looking Camp Chef. I don't want to spend $74 for their folding front shelf when I can buy folding brackets and make one for about $20. Either way I have to drill holes for the mounting bolts and that's the hard part of putting one on my grill.

Unlike the one Rich got, mine did not have the front shelf since it was a different model. My leg kit was also cheaper than his since my legs were the other shape and angled. The shelf kit was under $60 on sale and easily mounted since it only required removing the screws that matched the brackets. It has been handy for the only two cooks I've done so far. Folds down for storage under the cover.

Back