New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Good for you, getting one through Ace. My brother is GM of an Ace Hardware store, he has not ordered any of them yet but intends to.

My friend owns our local Ace and tried to get me on a traeger for like 3 years I had even gone so far as to start building my own using an old 13 bar genesis and pellet pro hopper

He hasn’t committed to ordering anymore yet as he is fairly loyal to traeger and won’t even carry anything no traeger branded to avoid confusion for his small customer base

I was just in the Ace here in town, and was chatting with the owner. He had 5 Traegers sitting on the floor, but hadn't ordered a SmokeFire yet.

I just added a pellet smoker/grill to my arsenal. I still love my WSM. The pellet grill just makes cooking more versatile. Let me tell you what we cooked on it last weekend.

Saturday, started with sweet potato chips. Thinly sliced sweet potatoes, seasoned with salt, pepper, cinnamon and sugar. Then pellet grilled at 400° for about 15-20 minutes.

Followed that with some shrimp marinated in an asian sauce. Pellet grilled at 375° for about 15 minutes. Made lettuce wraps with the shrimp, julienned cucumbers and carrots, and a little dressing.

Then, the big smoke. Put on a brisket and smoked it overnight at 225°. Turned out fantastic. My first brisket on the pellet smoker. I actually got to sleep at night. I woke up and checked the temperatures a few times and wrapped in butcher paper at 3am.

Finally, my son made a smoked queso dip with chopped pablanos, chorizo, and cheeses.

The pellet pooper was workin.

Weber is playing with us - taking so long to ship out these grills. App was just release..... I really think they will be coming to our doors steps next week. I already received my free pellets from them today and just waiting on the email to let me know they shipped the grill.

2020-02-07.jpg

LOL, I see Amazon is still listing February 10th. Good luck fellas. Some might get them on the 10th, but I suspect many will have to wait a bit longer.

Getting my ex6 delivered on Tuesday. Ordered from Lowe’s in 12/21. I know that at least one person has gotten it delivered today (pictures were posted on another forum). He said it took about an hour for assembly.

Ran across this article, thought I'd share.
Kevin Kolman, among others, are quoted.

[h=1]A Beginner’s Guide to Pellet Grilling[/h]

Interesting article Bob, thanks for sharing. We've done a few things on ours and I'm very happy with it. Also Barb has warmed up to it and has some things she wants to do solo on it.
Picked up some Camp Chef competition blead which is Maple, Hickory and Cherry at Cal Ranch on sale for $10 eager to try that with a roast.
Between the Camp Chef and the Instant Pot we are trying a lot of new recipes.

How would pelllets do in a gas grill instead of wood chips??

Don't know Bruce, but I have both and will try some pellets in my smoke box for the gasser the next time I use it with something appropriate and let you know.

LOL, I see Amazon is still listing February 10th. Good luck fellas. Some might get them on the 10th, but I suspect many will have to wait a bit longer.

I got an email last night saying estimated delivery was Feb 18-20 and I ordered on 12/1. It made me mad since others are supposedly getting theirs starting today from places. So, I canceled my pre-order...and drove to Lowe’s and brought one home ;-)

Bruce:
They don't work well at all. I tried to augment my Smokemiester using two different methods. I put some in the Genesis smokebox, but since it sits on the flavor bars, the pellets quickly go full flame. I tried another smoke tube wrapping it with foil to slow it down, but that didn't work either. Obviously, you can't soak them like chips. The big reason I bought a Camp Chef pellet grill.

How would pelllets do in a gas grill instead of wood chips??

The pellets seem to be lighter is smell and flavor which we prefer. I haven't tried pellets smoker vs pellets in a tube in a gas smoker.
It depends on the cut off meat and duration of smoking. I smoked beef chuck roast twice using different types of pellets every time and didn't like the smoke flavor but on pork butt was slightly weak but tasted awesome.

I got an email last night saying estimated delivery was Feb 18-20 and I ordered on 12/1. It made me mad since others are supposedly getting theirs starting today from places. So, I canceled my pre-order...and drove to Lowe’s and brought one home ;-)

Shane, so you got one sounds like. We expect a full report by end of weekend as I expect you to fire it up. :)

He is correct - I just went to Lowes - some stores have them today. My store does not have it in yet - but he told be it will be there Sunday (he already see them coming from his tracking)- so I order mines and he will call me as soon as it comes to the store Sunday - so I guess I will be canceling my pre-order grill from Weber. If you guys/gals look on Lowes site - they already showing low stock.

I’m purchasing my EX6 from a company up here in Canada called BBQing.com. I spoke to their rep this morning and he told me that Weber has just shipped out their supply of SmokeFire grills today. They are expecting delivery to their warehouse by February 17.

I’m purchasing my EX6 from a company up here in Canada called BBQing.com. I spoke to their rep this morning and he told me that Weber has just shipped out their supply of SmokeFire grills today. They are expecting delivery to their warehouse by February 17.

One thing I hate about pre-orders. We pre-order like we first in line, but then everyone else popping up before you saying "Hey you preorder - I just got mine today in store, so when does yours ship out" LOL This why I always pre-order and then keep searching store stock and who ever get in first that is who I buy it off and cancel the other.

Lowe's is using a different model number with an L at the end for them I assume. Item # 1633964 Model # 22510001L

Weber SmokeFire 672-sq in Black Pellet Grill

On Amazon the Model number is Weber 22510001 SmokeFire EX4 Wood Fired Pellet Grill, Black

I was just on Lowe's site looks like in the Woodstock, GA location the 4 and 6 using their model number will be available 2/17 its a bit confusing as they have the Amazon Weber Model number for the 4 and 6 on their website which says unavailable not sure why they did that.

Back