New Weber pellet grills for 2020

In addition to the questions of reliability of the information, the nice thing about a WiFi connected grill is that auger and fan control algorithms can be adjusted via a software update.

Speaking of software updates, saw the question answered on Amazon -

Q - Can you smoke foods at a set temperature under 200? If so how low?

A - Hello! At launch, SmokeFire units will only be able to go as low as 200 F, but there are plans for a "Smoke Boost" feature, that will be rolled out via an update later, which should alter the low temperature range. Thanks!

So they are already planning updates to the product.

Smoke Boost is described as - "If you’re craving even more of that unmistakable, wood fired taste, then add a boost of smoke to the recipe. Select Smoke Boost at the beginning of the cook, and pellets will smoke and smolder between 165-200°, adding an extra smoky flavor to food."

Question:
My understanding is the app is just being finished up. Any idea when it will be fully operational?

Answer:
Hello! When units are launched, and shipped out in mid to late January, the unit will have a wide range of functionality, with updates rolling out soon after, with additional features. Thanks!

By Weber Grills MANUFACTURER on December 7, 2019

Last edited:
This is classic of the types of things that "wait and see" people are looking to avoid along with glitches that are inevitable, particularly with electronics.

The early adopters will be "guinea pigs" and be the real testers. But, I am not trying to dissuade anyone from buying one as they hit the retail sales floors, just be aware that you will be buying a product that isn't fully functional or without glitches. Customer feedback over the first few months will help drive the future updates and fixes. I expect Weber to be very receptive to customer issues and complaints over this time period. It would only benefit them to get good feedback and help the launch run as smooth as possible.

I highly recommend early adopters to make sure they register their Smokefire right away so that Weber can reach out when ever they have updates or are looking for feedback.

Bruce's comments are definitely good points. I think Weber will be trying extra hard to make early adopter customers happy, so while they may face some issues they will also get extra hand holding.

This is going to be a game changer for Weber and I'm sure that they won't ship the grills until their comfortable with all the resources are in place to support whatever comes up. Because of Weber's reputation for great customer service I would not hesitate to be first in line for a SmokeFire.

Last edited:
Anyone think there will be any way to get a discount on the Smokefire? If you order through Amazon and have the amazon prime card and prime membership you can get 5% back. Looks like Lowe’s 5% and 10% off discounts do not apply to Weber.

I think Weber will not allow any real price reductions or discounts at least during an initial launch and for a while after wards.

I’m pretty sure you would get the 5% on Amazon if you use an Amazon card and are a prime member.
I only get 3% and chose the interest free 18 month financing on an EX6 $72.83 a month. Can’t wait!!

Last edited:
I couldn't finish the video. Too hard to watch. I hate to criticize the guy as I am not a good public speaker and I appreciate his info, but he probably should have been a little more prepared. I had watched his other video and that was much better.

I had that conversation with the staff in a small hardware store 20 miles away 10 days ago. While they're an authorized Weber dealer, they had no idea that Weber had just introduced a pellet smoker.

And had this same conversation with the hardware store here in town this morning. They had no idea that Weber had a pellet smoker coming out.

While it may be in the barbecue press...... Weber really should be getting the word out to their dealers. :(

Yeah they definitely need to spread the word.

I did actually watch all of Baby Back Maniac's video. It wasn't one of his best for sure, but he is a very conscientious guy who loves grills and barbecue. It is at least encouraging to see someone who actually has grilled on a SmokeFire be this positive. I get that he was Weber's guest, but I have also seen him call out Weber for shortcomings in some of their other products.

I wonder if small dealers will be in initial rollout. I was told they had a special room at Ace dealer convention this fall, so they know about it and saw it. Last time I checked, Home Depot didn’t have anything about it either.and thought it was strange they weren’t in pre orders.

I think Baby Back Maniac is just showing Weber he’s excited about the new cooker. He will probably get a free one and I sure appreciate someone talking about it.
I go back and forth about being nervous about my preorder but Weber customer service has been amazing to me and like others have said they will want the initial roll out to go well.
I just hope it comes on time and I nail my super bowl cooks! 49ers in the super bowl and a brisket, pork shoulder and Franklin style Turkey breast sound like a great time to me!!

Back