New Grills Announced!

This is just my personal opinion, not Weber's, but I felt things were much clearer when we used the Silver, Gold, Platinum + letter combinations to make model name distinctions. My brain struggles with number + letter combinations. It probably makes more sense to me only because that was the way our grills were named when I started working at Weber. The number of models have gone way up since then, so the old naming scheme might not work very well these days anyway.
YES!!! This feedback should be given to your product people!

@John Burns I'm not certain from the pictures, but are the new summits porcelain coated steel? Any idea why Weber uses this with the summits if they are still doing it? I feel it must maybe reflect the heat differently or something, had to be a reason they chose to use it, especially when it leads to warranty claims. Thanks again for being here and being a great resource!

Looks like we are headed to two divergent paths. One with classic appliances that put us in control of the cook. The other, we set the controls, plop in the meat and come back when it is done. Which camp are you in?
Well I guess if you own a pellet grill with wifi don't you basically set the temp, plop the meat in and come back while monitoring the temp with a probe or whatever when its done. :unsure:

Well I guess if you own a pellet grill with wifi don't you basically set the temp, plop the meat in and come back while monitoring the temp with a probe or whatever when its done. :unsure:
Sort of. Not quite as easily as described, but definitely easier. I don't even know how much "easier" a fully electronic Summit would be. As by the nature of gas grilling (any "grilling") for that matter all the electronics in the world won't take the skill away. I honestly could not see using one unless I was using it to simply bake something. But "grilling?" Nah, I see no use for electronics

They seem to be getting closer and closer to the stove in your kitchen.
Well like I said before isn't a pellet grill kind of an outdoor stove? Load 20lbs of pellets, fire it up set the temp walk away and monitor it with a Smoke or wifi or whatever. I have a Performer and charcoal requires more work maybe more skill and I enjoy that but could count on one hand how many people I know who still do charcoal do have a few friends with WSM's, I do my wings and ribs on the performer.

My Silver C still carries 90% of the load doing pork tenderloins. salmon, filets and burgers but those are short cooks so I would see no need for the electronics. But for people with one grill which is a gasser and want to do briskets or ribs or wings the electronics are going to make it easier IMO with most likely better results, so I can see the market. When you have younger kids working 50 hours a week or whatever anything to make your life easier is worth it and if its pricey so what time is money.

Lots of people don't want more than one grill either.

I'm so bad about covering my grill. I've had my S470 for some years now and rarely cover it in upstate NY. My dream is the new Summit can still take that abuse, the one with all the electronics.

@John Burns I'm not certain from the pictures, but are the new summits porcelain coated steel? Any idea why Weber uses this with the summits if they are still doing it? I feel it must maybe reflect the heat differently or something, had to be a reason they chose to use it, especially when it leads to warranty claims. Thanks again for being here and being a great resource!
Hi Eric! Just so we're clear, are you referring to the Summit Kamado line or the Summit gas grill line?

Summit Kamados are porcelain enameled steel with a double-walled liner, with lid liner being made of aluminum and the bowl having porcelain enameled steel on the inside.

The new Summit gas grills have a cast aluminum cookbox, and depending on model either a porcelain enameled steel lid or a stainless steel lid. All the new Summits gas grills have cast aluminum end caps on the sides of the lid and have an aluminized lid liner. There's no porcelain enameled steel on the new Summit lids or cookboxes.

Hope this helps!

Hi Eric! Just so we're clear, are you referring to the Summit Kamado line or the Summit gas grill line?

Summit Kamados are porcelain enameled steel with a double-walled liner, with lid liner being made of aluminum and the bowl having porcelain enameled steel on the inside.

The new Summit gas grills have a cast aluminum cookbox, and depending on model either a porcelain enameled steel lid or a stainless steel lid. All the new Summits gas grills have cast aluminum end caps on the sides of the lid and have an aluminized lid liner. There's no porcelain enameled steel on the new Summit lids or cookboxes.

Hope this helps!
Great news on that John! Thanks for sharing. The No.1 issue with the Summit grills has at last been put to bed. Now, maybe bring back the old Summit Platinum real stainless cabinetry 🙏 .

Yah, totally awesome to hear that Weber moved away from the porcelain coated cook box on the Summit. And like Jon Said, maybe a move to a full SS cabinet would be the next upgrade. I know it is going to add to the cost, but I think if Weber would do that and add a few other small upgrades, you would be looking at the Vieluxe II.

Hope this helps!
That's great news! I absolutely love how my 650 and 420 cook, I'm just nervously counting down until the rust sets in. I should have a long while since both were replaced through warranty this past summer, but still. I'm the guy that likes to keep things FOREVER! Thanks so much for being in this site and sharing info!

That's great news! I absolutely love how my 650 and 420 cook, I'm just nervously counting down until the rust sets in. I should have a long while since both were replaced through warranty this past summer, but still. I'm the guy that likes to keep things FOREVER! Thanks so much for being in this site and sharing info!
Might be great news just bare in mind these are $4k grills and up now. Yikes! :eek:

Well, if they solved the cook box issue, it is probably worth it to those that are in the market for a premium grill. But, that is just speculation since I am definitely not one of those people. I honestly don't think you would ever see me shell out $1000 for a grill.

Well, if they solved the cook box issue, it is probably worth it to those that are in the market for a premium grill. But, that is just speculation since I am definitely not one of those people. I honestly don't think you would ever see me shell out $1000 for a grill.
I could justify $1k to 1.2k but that's it. IDC how many bells and whistles it has there is just not enough material to justify more than that. Even the electronic controls don't cost a lot. I just bought a nice PID controller with BT and WIFI for my Member's Mark for <$60!

Yah, I am not gonna bash Weber for the prices they charge for their grills, but most of their offerings in the gas lineup are out of my price range. Sure, I could come up with $1K for a new Genesis, but I don't know if it would really even be an upgrade over what I have now. Summits are way out of my league both for price and functionality.

Might be great news just bare in mind these are $4k grills and up now. Yikes! :eek:
Not saying I'm about to run out and buy one, but I like that the premium offerings from Weber have increased in quality and therefore increase the brand image. People in the market for a grill of this stature that might have been disappointed in the past will now maybe buy Weber again. Weber being profitable is good for all of us Weber fans, in my opinion

Back