New Grills Announced!

I WILL be getting the new Summit, grill center or maybe the “smart” version.

And please Weber, bring the outdoor kitchen to the States!!!

Really liking the new offerings. Blown away

Hope some of these make it down under. We got the full range of Q's in September which is our spring, and it is interesting the way they have only released the mid size one with the plus burner in this launch. We missed everything else like the griddles, even the plates etc. Different markets I guess.

Just my opinion. These knobs have such a "cheap" look. I dunno...I can't get past it.
I feel like they could have done better.

Although...maybe it's a psychological tactic to convince people to pony up for the no-knob Smart Grill version.

1704894355271.png

Last edited:
Need to see it in person but I think
I’m going with the new Summit (dumb version) built in for my outdoor kitchen project for this spring. Along with an Egg I’ll be all set.

I think I actually like those knobs, but I need to see in person.

The fully electronic Summit (with a black, not stainless hood :cool:) would sure look cool as long as someone came and picked it up 2-years later - and gave me 80% back. I have to think that keeping that electronic Summit with sensors, etc. all working right long term would be up there with getting a moon rocket off the ground. I doubt you will be able to restore an 8-year-old cast off of one of these new Summit electronic grills.

Just my opinion. These knobs have such a "cheap" look. I dunno...I can't get past it.
I feel like they could have done better.

Although...maybe it's a psychological tactic to convince people to pony up for the no-knob Smart Grill version.

View attachment 84958

I can personally guarantee you there's no psychological tactics at play here when it comes to the control knob design in an attempt to get someone to step up to the next model.

What's an example of how you'd prefer them to look? Not trying to dismiss your opinion. I'm just genuinely curious. #IworkforWeber

I think I actually like those knobs, but I need to see in person.

The fully electronic Summit (with a black, not stainless hood :cool:) would sure look cool as long as someone came and picked it up 2-years later - and gave me 80% back. I have to think that keeping that electronic Summit with sensors, etc. all working right long term would be up there with getting a moon rocket off the ground. I doubt you will be able to restore an 8-year-old cast off of one of these new Summit electronic grills.
You are right Jon. I can just imagine the cost of trying to replace the electronics on that thing. I doubt there will be much aftermarket interest in making those kind of parts either. Plus, it looks like it will still have the issues with rust.

I can personally guarantee you there's no psychological tactics at play here when it comes to the control knob design in an attempt to get someone to step up to the next model.

What's an example of how you'd prefer them to look? Not trying to dismiss your opinion. I'm just genuinely curious. #IworkforWeber
I guess it's kind of burned into my brain from seeing these style knobs on all the lower-end brands over the years.

It's almost like a "Weber" has become partially recognizable as "Weber" with their round knobs in the last decade and a half, and even the latest (just revealed) models reflect that, but for some reason this one, single particular Summit model breaks with that visual aesthetic.

1704902761594.png

1704902778826.png

1704902793778.png

1704902808573.png

1704902826081.png

Good point John. It makes me wonder if Weber is not trying to use this model as kind of test unit to see if it affects sales one way or the other.

The fear over electronics really isn’t based in any version of reality.

I can guarantee, your vehicle, be it brand new or 30 years old, has far more complex electronics and sees WAY harsher conditions than a grill ever sees, and they aren’t dying left and right.

Our entire world is electronic, yet we only complain about electronics on grills and them being “not reliable”. Extremely odd.

Looks like we are headed to two divergent paths. One with classic appliances that put us in control of the cook. The other, we set the controls, plop in the meat and come back when it is done. Which camp are you in?
My phone does a lot for me and it's a great tool.
Same goes for my grill(s). But I'm happy to keep them separated. I have one wireless thermometer...that's the way it's going to stay.

The fear over electronics really isn’t based in any version of reality.

I can guarantee, your vehicle, be it brand new or 30 years old, has far more complex electronics and sees WAY harsher conditions than a grill ever sees, and they aren’t dying left and right.

Our entire world is electronic, yet we only complain about electronics on grills and them being “not reliable”. Extremely odd.
Tim, I think you make some very good points. I suppose I look at it from the vantage point of having restored a number of older, "classic" Weber grills. Similar to restoring a 1950s car in a way. When I look at today's electronic-laden cars, I find it hard to believe it will be possible to do complete restorations of any of them 30 years from now. Likewise, I think I am right that whenever these new Summits do fail, they will have to be consigned to scrap.

I don't like the painted steel, but I do think they look a LOT better than the last Summit.

I guess it's kind of burned into my brain from seeing these style knobs on all the lower-end brands over the years.

It's almost like a "Weber" has become partially recognizable as "Weber" with their round knobs in the last decade and a half, and even the latest (just revealed) models reflect that, but for some reason this one, single particular Summit model breaks with that visual aesthetic.

View attachment 84959

View attachment 84960

View attachment 84961

View attachment 84962

View attachment 84963
I did a quick look at Lynx, Wolf and Fire Magic and see that all of these high-end brands are still using round knobs without the flat extended "grip" part we see on the new Summit. Here is a Fire Magic that goes for around $11K:

Fire Magic 2024.png
However, take a close look at those knobs and then compare to these I bought from Amazon last spring for my Genesis 330 project. They cost me just $11.99:

Knobs.jpg
So, what really constitutes "cheap?" I guess it is a matter of taste more than anything, although some lesser grills (like some you posted) really do have poorly made control knobs. I would have to see and try out the ones on this new Summit to say more, but I am not sure we shouldn't commend Weber for taking the lead in doing something new. Maybe it is like how ties and lapels go back and forth from wide to narrow.

Last edited:
As I mentioned before, I could beleive that Weber is putting them on the one model as kind of a test run. Depending on how that model sells in comparison to expectations and it's siblings, Weber might consider changing over more or all of their lineup in the coming years.

Looks like we are headed to two divergent paths. One with classic appliances that put us in control of the cook. The other, we set the controls, plop in the meat and come back when it is done. Which camp are you in?
Both. Things cooked on my trusty kettles taste different than things on my gassers, which tastes different than stuff on my pellet. And as I age (I turned 40 in ‘23😳) I find that some nights getting off work, the gasser or pellet is nice to kick on and not have to work so much.

I’ll never give up my kettles. That’s why I have far more of them🤣 Not that the color changes the flavor any

So, uh, if you #IworkforWeber, can you give me an idea of the difference between the Genesis E-325s that was $899 and the new(?) Genesis E-325 that is currently $849?

Back