New Grills Announced!

Both. Things cooked on my trusty kettles taste different than things on my gassers, which tastes different than stuff on my pellet. And as I age (I turned 40 in ‘23😳) I find that some nights getting off work, the gasser or pellet is nice to kick on and not have to work so much.

I’ll never give up my kettles. That’s why I have far more of them🤣 Not that the color changes the flavor any
Just wait. Give it another 20-30 years. Life will look much different

I think I understand the comment about the knobs looking cheap. That’s exactly what I thought when the new Genesis debuted….but I can’t put my finger on it. Maybe it’s change, I don’t know. Something about them bugged me.

However, overall the knobs don’t overt affect the usage and since I have no better feedback, the knobs work and that’s what they need to do.

Local dealer sells both Weber and Napoleon. The one lady works on me every time I’m in, to buy a Napoleon. She pointed out the knobs that change colors, and I said why do I need that? Not my thing, so I’m ok with the Weber knobs.

I look forward to seeing and feeling these new knobs in-person, that's the only way to judge them. I don't like the recent Genesis knobs, when I check them out at stores they feel loose with lots of play especially in the off position, and I think they look cheap...the ridges on the edge remind me of a Mason jar lid.

I am intrigued by the Summit Smart model, it includes several features that I think we have been expecting for a long time. My biggest concern is durability, given issues with how Summit has held up in recent years. Only time will tell.

So, uh, if you #IworkforWeber, can you give me an idea of the difference between the Genesis E-325s that was $899 and the new(?) Genesis E-325 that is currently $849?
Compared to the old Genesis E-325, the new Genesis E-325 has a different door design, the warming rack is a bit smaller (128 sq. inches vs 274 sq. inches), and the tables on the new E-325 are the same in dimensions. On the old E-325 the right hand side table was larger than the left hand side table.

Compared to the old Genesis E-325, the new Genesis E-325 has a different door design, the warming rack is a bit smaller (128 sq. inches vs 274 sq. inches), and the tables on the new E-325 are the same in dimensions. On the old E-325 the right hand side table was larger than the left hand side table.
That's interesting about the table redesign. I think it was a logical move to offer a really big table on the one side, but I also think the look seemed "lopsided" to many. So maybe that's why Weber went to symmetrical.

@John Burns - thanks so much for popping onto this forum and answering questions. Appreciate it.

So, it is actually a downgrade for that $50 price drop. While both are in stock, there will be some confusion. They really should have made some distinction in the model number like E-325a.

So, it is actually a downgrade for that $50 price drop. While both are in stock, there will be some confusion. They really should have made some distinction in the model number like E-325a.
This is just my personal opinion, not Weber's, but I felt things were much clearer when we used the Silver, Gold, Platinum + letter combinations to make model name distinctions. My brain struggles with number + letter combinations. It probably makes more sense to me only because that was the way our grills were named when I started working at Weber. The number of models have gone way up since then, so the old naming scheme might not work very well these days anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, last year's model is E-325s and this year's model is E-325.

My brother the Ace Hardware man says that their pricing on some Genesis grills that were just over $1,000 will now be just under $1,000, and that $1K is kind of a psychological threshold that some buyers don't want to cross. He's hoping for more sales as a result.

I personally do not like reusing model names or numbers in new products. I have not gotten over the Ford Maverick reemerging as a truck.

If I'm not mistaken, last year's model is E-325s and this year's model is E-325.

My brother the Ace Hardware man says that their pricing on some Genesis grills that were just over $1,000 will now be just under $1,000, and that $1K is kind of a psychological threshold that some buyers don't want to cross. He's hoping for more sales as a result.
I can confess that $1000 is a psychological threshold that I am very leery of crossing for a grill. MrsPizza (a nickname given to my wife by a fellow griller and friend) is even more concerned about this threshold.

My 2018 Weber Genesis II E-325 Indigo Blue...Ace Hardware exclusive sold for $849 just before Christmas. I believe that was essentially a holiday sale price that held through 2019 for Memorial Day and July 4th as well. So $100-$150 price increase in 4-5 years is not totally outrageous. Although the grill light included in that deal is $30-$40 ...so there's that.

1000009979.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I can personally guarantee you there's no psychological tactics at play here when it comes to the control knob design in an attempt to get someone to step up to the next model.

What's an example of how you'd prefer them to look? Not trying to dismiss your opinion. I'm just genuinely curious. #IworkforWeber
I think you guys did a great job, I like the new offerings! And I love that you're here looking for feedback

I look forward to seeing and feeling these new knobs in-person, that's the only way to judge them. I don't like the recent Genesis knobs, when I check them out at stores they feel loose with lots of play especially in the off position, and I think they look cheap...the ridges on the edge remind me of a Mason jar lid.

I am intrigued by the Summit Smart model, it includes several features that I think we have been expecting for a long time. My biggest concern is durability, given issues with how Summit has held up in recent years. Only time will tell.
I completely agree with you Chris on the newer grill knobs - they feel way too loose and don't have that smooth by draggy feeling the older Genesis grills have. There is something about that tactile feel that I prefer. Unfortunately the new Summit to me looks like (dare I say it) a Napoleon Prestige grill.....yes I am Canadian but I prefer Webers over Napoleon haha.

Back