New Grills Announced!

Not saying I'm about to run out and buy one, but I like that the premium offerings from Weber have increased in quality and therefore increase the brand image. People in the market for a grill of this stature that might have been disappointed in the past will now maybe buy Weber again. Weber being profitable is good for all of us Weber fans, in my opinion
Absolutely agree with your sentiments, Eric. I was reading an article about just how close we got to losing Weber altogether. While I may not agree with some stuff that the post-George :george: Weber has done, it is a storied company and still one that I love and want to see succeed. Could I buy a $4K Summit? No, but there are people who can. It just needs to offer quality and capability that buyers in that league deserve.

I agree and if they can get the Summit Lineup back to a prominence, it would be great if the could parlay that into a rebirth of an all stainless steel Vieluxe some day. That would have them in the Wolf and other top tier again.

I could justify $1k to 1.2k but that's it. IDC how many bells and whistles it has there is just not enough material to justify more than that. Even the electronic controls don't cost a lot. I just bought a nice PID controller with BT and WIFI for my Member's Mark for <$60!
The material cost isn't as low as you might suspect it is, and once you factor in freight and production overheard costs, they wouldn't be profitable or sustainable in the $1-1.2k price range.

That said, I'm not here to convince you to buy one. Heck, even with my employee discount I couldn't justify purchasing one without saving up for a while by only eating ramen for every meal, but I'd love to have one.

Having seen them in person though, they are pretty amazing, and a big step up in terms of the overall function and design, especially the cookbox.

The material cost isn't as low as you might suspect it is, and once you factor in freight and production overheard costs, they wouldn't be profitable or sustainable in the $1-1.2k price range.

That said, I'm not here to convince you to buy one. Heck, even with my employee discount I couldn't justify purchasing one without saving up for a while by only eating ramen for every meal, but I'd love to have one.

Having seen them in person though, they are pretty amazing, and a big step up in terms of the overall function and design, especially the cookbox.

Could you share some info on the wheels? From the pics alone, the new Genesis wheels look more heavy duty, but I'm sure that's not the case.

Tooling and employee costs are a real thing as well, for sure

Interesting that it’s for Genesis and not Summit, although maybe would also work for Summit

If Weber were to bring back production of the exact same 2005 Genesis Silver B, I would be really interested to see what price they ask and then how well they sold. I would think they could produce and sell them considerably cheaper than the current blinged out Genesis.

If Weber were to bring back production of the exact same 2005 Genesis Silver B, I would be really interested to see what price they ask and then how well they sold. I would think they could produce and sell them considerably cheaper than the current blinged out Genesis.
I was thinking along the lines of a Genesis 1000 vs. the Silver B but your other points well taken.

I get that Steve. Either would be cool. But I highlighted the silver b for a couple reasons. First I think it is a little more modern. And I think it is actually simpler and less expensive to produce than the Genesis 1000.

Back