New Dog Pics - Post Pics Of Your Best Friend!

Barb and I will be married 40 years this Sunday, in that 40 years we have rescued six golden retrievers, and two other dogs all of which were mistreated or abused. With a lot of hard work and love we were able to turn their lives around and made them happy and secure. Every one of them when they passed away broke our hearts. But we always got another rescue to try and give the broken pup a new start on life. They gave much more to us then we gave to them.
It's what we do.
Congrats Rich and Barb! Great milestone, and many more to come!!

So my boss found a dog that was dumped in his neighborhood. He put him in the garage overnight and then told me he had done "all he could" and was going to take him to animal control. Well, down in South Texas, a surrendered dog will be killed within three days. Yeah. So we did what I believe any decent human would do and brought him home to foster. I named him Harrison. We took him for his checkup and then to lose his two best friends on Tuesday. He's a cool little guy.

When I brought him home he didn't know what toys were. And he didn't know what treats were. Any dog I've ever heard of comes running when they hear that treat bag crinkle. But not him. Needless to say that has been remedied.

He appears to be a Chihuahua, dachshund, rat terrier? Mix. Anyway. Here's a couple photos(note the donut anti-lick collar) and cheers to the underdogs!IMG_20240214_183056_01.jpgIMG_20240220_210912_01.jpegIMG20240228201726.jpg

Awesome.

"and then to lose his two best friends on Tuesdays"...
I have heard many euphemisms for this over the years, but this is a new one to me. 😁

Ditto what Mark said.
It was a line from the Spaceballs movie toward the end. Dark helmet says "say goodbye to your two best friends. And I don't mean your pals in the Winnebago". As I kid I didn't get it, took me a few years!

Initially this was a foster gig for the little guy. The first few nights he made us absolutely nuts being restless, confused and trying to figure it all out. And who could blame him? But he's settled down and the other two dogs have accepted him. My wife seems to have bonded with him as well so I seriously doubt he's going anywhere.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been a little challenging but very rewarding.

It was a line from the Spaceballs movie toward the end. Dark helmet says "say goodbye to your two best friends. And I don't mean your pals in the Winnebago". As I kid I didn't get it, took me a few years!

Initially this was a foster gig for the little guy. The first few nights he made us absolutely nuts being restless, confused and trying to figure it all out. And who could blame him? But he's settled down and the other two dogs have accepted him. My wife seems to have bonded with him as well so I seriously doubt he's going anywhere.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been a little challenging but very rewarding.
Good Show on saving that pup and now with a loving home. Our Rescue Pup "Manchas" just completed on March 1st fourteen(14) years of loving companionship with us and now is around fifteen(15) years old and still has plenty of energy.

Attachments

• 5CFD75AB-AEF1-4E45-9C06-CA54F5255AE9.jpeg
    5CFD75AB-AEF1-4E45-9C06-CA54F5255AE9.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 7
Barb and I will be married 40 years this Sunday, in that 40 years we have rescued six golden retrievers, and two other dogs all of which were mistreated or abused. With a lot of hard work and love we were able to turn their lives around and made them happy and secure. Every one of them when they passed away broke our hearts. But we always got another rescue to try and give the broken pup a new start on life. They gave much more to us then we gave to them.
It's what we do.
That is absolutely beautiful, Rich. Much respect.

So my boss found a dog that was dumped in his neighborhood. He put him in the garage overnight and then told me he had done "all he could" and was going to take him to animal control. Well, down in South Texas, a surrendered dog will be killed within three days. Yeah. So we did what I believe any decent human would do and brought him home to foster. I named him Harrison. We took him for his checkup and then to lose his two best friends on Tuesday. He's a cool little guy.

When I brought him home he didn't know what toys were. And he didn't know what treats were. Any dog I've ever heard of comes running when they hear that treat bag crinkle. But not him. Needless to say that has been remedied.

He appears to be a Chihuahua, dachshund, rat terrier? Mix. Anyway. Here's a couple photos(note the donut anti-lick collar) and cheers to the underdogs!View attachment 87171View attachment 87172View attachment 87173
Yeah, I'm all bleary-eyed for some reason 🤔. This is proof that good people rule.

We used to have one of those. Only he was black. Good little dog but what a yapper. quite loyal and obedient and understood English and Italian commands.

We used to have one of those. Only he was black. Good little dog but what a yapper. quite loyal and obedient and understood English and Italian commands.
Great little watchdog. Attentive as all hell. Understands English and German commands. He isn’t as barky as our previous 2 Miniature Schnauzers.

Back