Meat probe Thermometer

I’ve a ton of Thermoworks stuff...

B7703B30-7182-48C7-A2A0-C3B4F7B5850E.jpeg

...but I’ve been leaning towards a Meater+ recently. Very clearly, I don’t need one, and the Thermoworks stuff is TOP notch, but perhaps it’s just something different.

Sorry, but this seems like the appropriate context for a story...

Years ago, my wife got her father the Thermapen for his bday. Weeks passed and my wife finally asks him how he likes the Pen. He says, "***ist, it's awful. No matter what I do with it, it constantly shows the same temperature."

We were baffled. I'd had a few Thermapro products in my life; never had even the slightest issue. I told him how to recalibrate it, and sent the company's phone number just in case.

The following holiday season, we arrived at their home for Christmas dinner. While she was in the kitchen, my wife asked her mom to see the Pen. She quickly obliged...problem solved.

My FiL never realized there is an adhesive strip on the gauge with an imprinted temperature. You have to peel it off.

No joke. This is the same person who once flipped over a CD when he thought "...side A was done, so I wanted side B". I am not joking.

I have been a ThermoWorks customer for many years. I have tried other products before, but not only are ThermoWorks products superior but their service is outstanding! I had one of their basic timers for several years, and it finally quit working. I sent them an email to see if it could be fixed (at my expense, as it was way out of warranty). I got a new replacement at NO cost!

Their probes are far superior to the others I have tried and if one does fail, I have no doubt that they will honor their warranty with a smile.

Dale53

Did you notice this new thread? It talks about a special on Classic Thermapen. This is an excellent value:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you notice this new thread? It talks about a special on Classic Thermapen. This is an excellent value:
No i didnt see it, thanks. But i ordered a Thermopen 1 already

You will not be disappointed from what I see here.
My original (5year old) ThermPro was acting oddly so, I ordered the new version and have not opened it yet. On last weeks butt the old guy did just fine.
I’ve a ton of Thermoworks stuff...

View attachment 53542

...but I’ve been leaning towards a Meater+ recently. Very clearly, I don’t need one, and the Thermoworks stuff is TOP notch, but perhaps it’s just something different.
My wife bought me a Meater about a year ago and I’ve still not used it!

... and today Chris posted a 4th of July sale on the red, white, and blue colored Thermopen One. In my opinion, it is the best product for the best value I have seen since this thread started:

(This is my final post in this thread. For future sales, you gotta keep track on your own.)

I've got a Taylor (~$20, 9 years ago) and a CDN ($30, 5 years ago). Both hold calibration well and give me accurate readings in 5 to 8 seconds. The CDH has a 12" probe so it's my go to when cooking over an open fire. I also use a cheap, 2 channel, remote that works better and has lasted longer than the expensive ones I've used. I attribute my success with low end products to the amount of time spent reading reviews.

I have a thermopen, and a thermo pop.

For most things the thermo pop will do just as good a job as the thermopen will, at 1/2 of the cost.

These are quality items, buying cheap ones that break when you drop them on the floor is not even worth it in any price.

ThermoPop is a good option if Themapen is not in budget.

Back