Make sure your forum email address is valid

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

If the email address you used during forum registration is no longer active, you will not receive email updates from the forum including subscription notifications and conversation messages. When this happens, I get an error message from your old email provider saying that your email address no longer exists.

If you've changed your email address since joining the forum, please take a moment to update your forum profile. Click your name at the top right of any forum page, then click "Account details", then click "Change" next to your email address.

Best,
Chris

And an amber monitor and dot matrix daisy wheel printer with NLQ output?!?!?
Amber monitor? You're bringing back memories! In 1984, I had an original IBM PC with 256KB of memory, one 5-1/4" floppy drive, amber monitor with graphics card, a 1200 baud modem, a Smith-Corona electronic typewriter connected via parallel cable, and in 1985 switched to the original HP ThinkJet inkjet printer. I was the envy of many in my dorm!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

If the email address you used during forum registration is no longer active, you will not receive email updates from the forum including subscription notifications and conversation messages. When this happens, I get an error message from your old email provider saying that your email address no longer exists.

If you've changed your email address since joining the forum, please take a moment to update your forum profile. Click your name at the top right of any forum page, then click "Account details", then click "Change" next to your email address.

Best,
Chris
All good Chris, thanks!

Amber monitor? You're bringing back memories! In 1984, I had an original IBM PC with 256KB of memory, one 5-1/4" floppy drive, amber monitor with graphics card, a 1200 baud modem, a Smith-Corona electronic typewriter connected via parallel cable, and in 1985 switched to the original HP ThinkJet inkjet printer. I was the envy of many in my dorm!
i was Apple //e, Amdek Amber 310A model (IIRC), one full height 5 1/4' floppy drive and then added a half-height drive later, 64k onboard ram which I expanded to 128k with the Extended 80 column card and a 300 baud Novation Applecat modem which i then upgraded to 1200 baud. Panasonic KXP1090 dot matrix printer which i then upgraded to the KXP 1091 when i had some extra cash. i did computer stuff i will never talk about or admit to. those were some really good times. life was much less complex.

Hi everyone,

Best,
Chris
All good on this end.

Back