Late night, sloppy ribs

Derrick H

TVWBB Fan
I haven't posted in awhile. Been working a ton and haven't really done the outdoor cooking thing as much as I have in years past. But I did take out some ribs to thaw them out and totally forgot about them until about 8 at night. I did what any man would do on a Tuesday night, cook ribs until 1 in the morning! As soon as they were done, I threw the wrapped ribs in the fridge and went to sleep to wake up 5 hours later for work. They were PERFECT. Seriously. The 14.5" WSM has been my BBQ MVP this year.

Here are the ribs, somewhat trimmed with the membrane removed
15010769245_f0f27e5342_c.jpg

Here they are cut in half, so they can fit in the 14.5 WSM and seasoned
15007679061_afe5f27f6c_c.jpg

Look at that great smoker! Yes, I need to clean the outside.
15010770015_70d4ee55e5_c.jpg

My nighttime lighting solution. I got them because the light on my house wasn't adequate enough for overnight smokes.
15010777165_e64e08b6d3_c.jpg

2 slabs of ribs on the WSM
14824148268_651610f5d8_c.jpg

Sauced ribs
14824237337_66c2f9cde1_c.jpg

Plated the next day.
14987777056_08a2b6bb29_c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ribbage, Derrick. I also use a light in the winter months. Used to do the headlamp, then Santa put a HUG LIGHT in my stocking a couple years ago. I really like it a lot.

Nice ribbage, Derrick. I also use a light in the winter months. Used to do the headlamp, then Santa put a HUG LIGHT in my stocking a couple years ago. I really like it a lot.

That looks like a good idea. I am going to have to look into that. I think I saw it at bed, Bath and Beyond. I hate to turn on my flood lights in my backyard late night/early morning. I am somewhat considerate of my neighbors. Plus the lights on my house cast such shadows that I can't see anyway.

I saw "sloppy" in the title and just had to take a look. I can taste them all the way north of the border :D . Nice job!

That looks like a good idea. I am going to have to look into that. I think I saw it at bed, Bath and Beyond. I hate to turn on my flood lights in my backyard late night/early morning. I am somewhat considerate of my neighbors. Plus the lights on my house cast such shadows that I can't see anyway.

I need to check this stuff out too. My wife got me a spotlight that uses some kind of 500w bulb. It lights up half the yard and the neighbour's house. Gotta be careful with it !

The ribs look great Derrick.

Back