Just when I thought I was through they pull me back in

We lost our A/C about a month and a half ago right in the peak of the hot weather it's been in the high 90s every since it died. What we do is leave the front and back doors open at night (we have heavy duty security doors on both) it gets down into the 60s. We get up about 6am,walk the dogs and then close up the house close the blinds and at 4pm when its 95 outside the inside is a very comfortable 76 usually by 7-8pm the temperature outside is below 76 and we open it up again. Repeat daily.

My wife and I do that as well here in SW Missouri. We don't leave the doors open all night but we do leave them open in the evening and the windows all night. It works great. But 90 degrees is our limit. Above that we run the AC. We've actually had the AC totally off now for several weeks. Fortunately where we live we tend to have long fall and spring seasons where we can go months at a time without running our AC or the furnace. Really saves a bundle.

That is the advantages of dry heat we in ATL not quite as bad as you are in the summer pretty close though at times. Not sure if any of my windows except a few in the back even open anymore since in the event of the AC going down in the summertime about the last thing you would do is open windows do to the humidity. Everything in the house would be damp and its not going to dry out till that AC is running.

Love the Little House on the Prarie reference got a kick out of that. :)

Yep it's mostly dry heat but remember this was during the monsoons that just recently ended. It was very humid for here running 60-70% still nothing like Florida or the east coast. I grew up in Chicago and know how miserable the heat with the humidity can be.
In a few days we will get the remnants of hurricane Rosa will see how much fun that will be.

It's dropped but not drastically. I have made my mind up unless it fell into my hands for some outrageous deal (like my $25 Gen 2000 or my $20 Silver B I just sold) I'm not up for it. I did not end up selling that Summit the buyer never came through and I really don't know how to advertise it as a "handyman special", and I just don't have time to get after it. I have mixers piling to repair hopefully this week, car work needing to be done. And I am really liking my Genesis 2000 (hopefully with the addition of the side burner Sam is sending a 3000) :D
Last night was cool/rainy and not fit for outdoor grilling so the Q320 was pressed into duty again. This time to smoke roast a load of chicken thighs, and roasted new potatoes. The versatility of that little grill (well not so little) is amazing me as the use of that center burner is really nice. It gets down pretty low and slow and can get ripping hot.
So if the seller on that Platinum reduces it to say $50 I may through a hail Mary pass at her for $30 and stick to it.

Just when I thought I was safe I see the price is now $65 and I am becoming tempted again. If I snag it maybe I can tell wife the devil made me?

Just do it Larry. You have to have something to look at in the garage this winter.

But I DO have something to look at. I have the Q320 Which BTW was doing prime outer skirt steak for fajitas last night. (the photos look a little off because the flash turned on and washed out the color) but here to tell ya absolutely beautiful crust and sear on them

le92lMz.jpg

And in all likelihood because I have a weakness for spun chicken I just might put the LP orifices back into the Gen 2000 this winter and move it inside also if winter becomes a bad one. Though I guess that Genesis Gold could be the garage queen LOL
IDK I will have to do some serious thinking..........................certainly won't have time today. Supposedly have someone coming to bid a concrete repair this AM, than today is Home Dept Day for kids and I am supposed to bring the little guy to HD this AM than a good friend is getting married (I know I'm at an age were I am typically going to a wake and funeral) and I am going to attend that. So maybe tomorrow I might throw an off out there...............Decisions, decisions, decisions

Yes but this is not ordinary skirt steak. Typically when you go into the grocery and buy skirt you'll see it labeled as "inner skirt steak" or it will be that even if not labeled as such. It is actually the inside of the ribs of the animal, the outer is also part of the diaphragm but outside the rib cage. Both are tasty BUT the outer is expensive (especially prime grade) but is WAY more tender and flavorful than inner. Many also substitute flank steak for skirt as the meat grain is similar.
https://cooking.stackexchange.com/q...erence-between-outside-and-inside-skirt-steak
Anyway when I have the chance to get it at that butcher in Arlington Hts I never pass it up. It's downright one of the best hunks of steak I have ever eaten bar none.

I have got to get back to the “Greater Chicagoland” area sometime soon! When I was a road rep, I spent a ton of time from Beloit to Champaign.” Had a lot of good dinners and spent a load of time in bakeries! Not so much butcher shops but, I sure saw some nice ones.

Larry,
What’s it going to take? You have GOT to go get that grill! Don’t let it get away:(!

I'm sorry I have not had time this weekend. Yesterday had a full day taking little guy to Home Depot day, babysitting him all day than a wedding. Today lots of commotion in the house and about to leave for the burbs and a day with my sister and brother in law. I just have not gotten a break

Back