Just when I thought I was through they pull me back in

Yep, I am going to post a finding about gas conversion I discovered today BTW, but that aside I just put my 2000 on NG and did a quick and dirty clean up on it. Brought it to the deck next to the Wolf.
KiKAKrf.jpg

ysVN7Lh.jpg

MrBC5QG.jpg

As I give more and more thought to all of this, the idea of skipping that other grill is getting stronger

Larry,

There sure isn't anything to kick about on that sharp grill, so along with your Wolf and big Q, I would agree you are already set. (I keep trying to define my "set" point, but then some unusual grill comes to my attention, and...)

My only comment would be that the Gold on the old Summit frame is a not too common find anymore. If you are going to be selling off your Summit (wish I could get in on that, but there I go again...) - anyway, that Gold would be a very nice connection and a bit of a conversation piece. But, again, the maroon 2000 you already have is super nice and pretty tough to beat. I guess you can't really lose.

Jon

Yep, and if I could simply find a side burner for it I'd be like a pig in well...........................you get the picture LOL. I don't know it's just $$$$ I don't know that I want to spend. Just slapped $1500 down on a $3100 fireplace conversion (installing NG sealed insert with remote control and direct vent out the back no roof chimney, nearly $10k on new HVAC, and over $11k on roof. Still needing to get concrete work done and I haven't even addressed work I need to do or get done on my cars. My head is spinning. And my bank accounts are in flames. So I am beginning to think my little "hobby" is going to be on hold for a very long time LOL.

Yep, and if I could simply find a side burner for it I'd be like a pig in well...........................you get the picture LOL. I don't know it's just $$$$ I don't know that I want to spend. Just slapped $1500 down on a $3100 fireplace conversion (installing NG sealed insert with remote control and direct vent out the back no roof chimney, nearly $10k on new HVAC, and over $11k on roof. Still needing to get concrete work done and I haven't even addressed work I need to do or get done on my cars. My head is spinning. And my bank accounts are in flames. So I am beginning to think my little "hobby" is going to be on hold for a very long time LOL.

Larry, I would keep the 2000 really a beautiful looking grill. Having said that if you want the side burner that badly and you get the other one for the price you want something to be said for that. I could care less about the side burner so my vote would be keep the 2000.

Yep, I am going to post a finding about gas conversion I discovered today BTW, but that aside I just put my 2000 on NG and did a quick and dirty clean up on it. Brought it to the deck next to the Wolf.
KiKAKrf.jpg

ysVN7Lh.jpg

MrBC5QG.jpg

As I give more and more thought to all of this, the idea of skipping that other grill is getting stronger

That is one beautiful grill.

Larry, hit me up. I have 2 extra NG side burners from the 3000. I can let go of 1, just gotta pick up the shipping.

Larry, I would keep the 2000 really a beautiful looking grill. Having said that if you want the side burner that badly and you get the other one for the price you want something to be said for that. I could care less about the side burner so my vote would be keep the 2000.

Not sure why all the hating on side burners in this group. They really are useful especially in the heat of summer when the last thing I want to do is turn on ANY kind of a gas burning appliance in my home

Until recently I had side burners on all my grill's. I mostly used them for getting coal going. But there were occasions when I would use it for other things. One of my favorite things to use it for was deep frying thins. It botheed me a lot less when hot oil was popping and splattering outside, instead of all over and around the stove.

Although I don't use my side burners for cooking I don't hate them.
In the summer we plan our meals out one week based on the projected weather forecasts. We will if possible cook everything outside using the gas grills.
With the fire restrictions and no charcoal allowed or open flame, in the fire restriction list of devices you cannot use side burners are listed.
So we grill almost every thing from meats to veggies on the gassers. Casseroles, bakers, French fries and such are cooked on the ng e310 which we use as an oven and it works quite well. Barb even makes bread on it
We also can have pretty high winds which make using a side burner difficult.
So it's not that I hate side burners it's just that I can't use them in the summer and we don't need them for the type of cooking we do.

Not sure why all the hating on side burners in this group. They really are useful especially in the heat of summer when the last thing I want to do is turn on ANY kind of a gas burning appliance in my home

I don't hate them at all. My cooking style with gas just hasn't made them especially useful so far. However, I LOVE knowing I have at least one in reserve in the event of our next hurricane. We have an electric range, so inside cooking/boiling is out of commission during a protracted power outage. In the hurricanes of 2004 we went without power for at least 10 days.:p

I don't hate them either have had 3 junk grills with them just the same reason as Jon our cooking style never really made them very useful. I live in the AC world which has been on since May so the heat of the summer really does not mean anything when your cooking in the kitchen.

I also have a pretty powerful outdoor burner which I use for beer so when I do stuff that stinks like boiling, steaming lobster or crab I do that outside the wife hates the smell in the kitchen.

Larry looks like you got your burner though so I would think keeping the 2000 is an easy decision.

Being a proverbial cheapskate when the AC is on the last thing I want to do is add to the "load" on it.

Being a proverbial cheapskate when the AC is on the last thing I want to do is add to the "load" on it.

I get it but down here not really much you can do to economize on the AC its been on since May and will remain in the 80's for the next 10 days at least. Besides my girls when they lived here and my wife control the AC so trying to save a few bucks on my end does not work. I do have all ecobee's for scheduling so at least that helps.

I could count on 2 hands the amount of times we have actually eaten out on the deck since we moved here its kind of funny when I lived in Cape Cod we ate outside almost every night in the summer weather permitting. Down here not so much. :)

We can't eat outside as the bugs would carry us off to their nests and have us as a "to go" meal. Between skeeters, yellow jacket wasps, gnats, and so on I find myself wishing we could bring back DDT :D Been especially bad this past summer. And of course in typical midwest fashion we have gone directly from running the AC not even 10 days ago to full on heating season. There is no in between.

I know what you mean about the bugs the mosquito's this year have been horrible because we had so much rain. My wife a few weeks ago told me there was a large wasp nest in the tree in the front yard which of course I forgot about, yesterday I was out front with my daughter these bugs were bouncing off my head and then she being on the other side of the tree said Dad there is this huge nest in the tree,

It was literally and I am not kidding the size of a basketball so we both went inside did not get stung though. I was out with the wasp killer at 10 pm last night covered the nest all good this morning, going to hit it again tonight to be safe.

We lost our A/C about a month and a half ago right in the peak of the hot weather it's been in the high 90s every since it died. What we do is leave the front and back doors open at night (we have heavy duty security doors on both) it gets down into the 60s. We get up about 6am,walk the dogs and then close up the house close the blinds and at 4pm when its 95 outside the inside is a very comfortable 76 usually by 7-8pm the temperature outside is below 76 and we open it up again. Repeat daily.

Rich if I lost my AC for more than a few days my wife would insist we got to a hotel until it was fixed and she is a southern girl born in Kentucky went to school in GA.

We lost our A/C about a month and a half ago right in the peak of the hot weather it's been in the high 90s every since it died. What we do is leave the front and back doors open at night (we have heavy duty security doors on both) it gets down into the 60s. We get up about 6am,walk the dogs and then close up the house close the blinds and at 4pm when its 95 outside the inside is a very comfortable 76 usually by 7-8pm the temperature outside is below 76 and we open it up again. Repeat daily.

Oh the advantages of dry heat. Here in steamy South Florida, it was in the 90s and close to that in humidity when the 2004 hurricanes knocked us off the grid for ten days. Everyone was covered in sweat and many were very testy. My wife tried to do laundry in a big plastic bucket like we were on Little House on the Prarie. Since we were actually in a big swamp the clothes she hung out to dry just stayed wet. When the second hurricane came a few weeks later she left me behind (because of my job) and took the kids to Chicago!

Oh the advantages of dry heat. Here in steamy South Florida, it was in the 90s and close to that in humidity when the 2004 hurricanes knocked us off the grid for ten days. Everyone was covered in sweat and many were very testy. My wife tried to do laundry in a big plastic bucket like we were on Little House on the Prarie. Since we were actually in a big swamp the clothes she hung out to dry just stayed wet. When the second hurricane came a few weeks later she left me behind (because of my job) and took the kids to Chicago!

That is the advantages of dry heat we in ATL not quite as bad as you are in the summer pretty close though at times. Not sure if any of my windows except a few in the back even open anymore since in the event of the AC going down in the summertime about the last thing you would do is open windows do to the humidity. Everything in the house would be damp and its not going to dry out till that AC is running.

Love the Little House on the Prarie reference got a kick out of that. :)

Back