Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

Question for everyone and not sure where to ask.
I was talking to another Weber Genesis 1000 owner on a small forum before I came here. He doesn't have many parts options where he lives. I told him I would send him whatever he needs off of my natural gas Genesis 1000 to convert his LP to Ng. He took it all apart and is trying to identify what exactly he needs for me to ship him. I know they make NG conversion kits. It doesn't look like they come with the manifold. Wouldn't you need the entire manifold? Or just the orifices changed out? Any help would be appreciated. I told him to come over here so hopefully he's signing up.Screenshot_20240615_051425_Reddit.jpg
This is off of his 1000 LP. Would I need to send him the equivalent off my NG 1000?

Last edited:
I know they make NG conversion kits. It doesn't look like they come with the manifold. Wouldn't you need the entire manifold? Or just the orifices changed out? Any help would be appreciated. I told him to come over here so hopefully he's signing up.
For the record, no one makes a TRUE gas conversion "kit" for any Weber gas grill. So, any time you see someone on FleaBay what have you selling such a kit they are frauds. For like 90% of Weber grills you cannot simply change a hose or orifice and make a safe, effective conversion.
The ONLY truly safe way is to replace the entire manifold (valves and all) with the desired gas type.
There are a few that are floating around with valves where you can actually do this. Mostly I have seen them on 2nd gen Summit models. Otherwise (likely for cost), Weber uses a 3 "Step" valve rather than a continuous type (as would be found on your kitchen stove).
Which CAN safely convert with nothing more than orifices and proper pressures

For the record, no one makes a TRUE gas conversion "kit" for any Weber gas grill. So, any time you see someone on FleaBay what have you selling such a kit they are frauds. For like 90% of Weber grills you cannot simply change a hose or orifice and make a safe, effective conversion.
The ONLY truly safe way is to replace the entire manifold (valves and all) with the desired gas type.
There are a few that are floating around with valves where you can actually do this. Mostly I have seen them on 2nd gen Summit models. Otherwise (likely for cost), Weber uses a 3 "Step" valve rather than a continuous type (as would be found on your kitchen stove).
Which CAN safely convert with nothing more than orifices and proper pressures
Thanks again for your help I appreciate it

Question for everyone and not sure where to ask.
I was talking to another Weber Genesis 1000 owner on a small forum before I came here. He doesn't have many parts options where he lives. I told him I would send him whatever he needs off of my natural gas Genesis 1000 to convert his LP to Ng. He took it all apart and is trying to identify what exactly he needs for me to ship him. I know they make NG conversion kits. It doesn't look like they come with the manifold. Wouldn't you need the entire manifold? Or just the orifices changed out? Any help would be appreciated. I told him to come over here so hopefully he's signing up.View attachment 93414
This is off of his 1000 LP. Would I need to send him the equivalent off my NG 1000?

Have him send you this one back, its mint !

I haven't taken apart my 2000 yet for deep clean. But when I was underneath switching out the obsolete propane line connection with a new one I found another sticker. The condition of this thing blows me away. Like it's been in storage almost its entire life or something. Of course the stickers are in perfect condition and look like they were printed yesterday.

Screenshot_20240615_131103_Photos~2.jpgScreenshot_20240615_131122_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for a green lid in very good condition for my Genesis 1000 or 2000. Does anyone have or know of one for sale? I found a green top 1000 for $50 but it's a 5 hour round trip and condition is unknown.

Is this lid smaller? Sadly I'm pretty it's for a spirit 500

Last edited:
Looking for a green lid in very good condition for my Genesis 1000 or 2000. Does anyone have or know of one for sale? I found a green top 1000 for $50 but it's a 5 hour round trip and condition is unknown.

Yep, that's for the smaller two burner models. It would still be a nice upgrade for the later Silver A's, which are no slouch themselves.

You might get lucky and see a green hood pop up at any time closer to home. Last spring I came upon a maroon hooded Silver B, then a blue hooded Silver B within a week, both about an hour away. I'm pretty frugal but I did shell out $60 for the pair. Funny thing is I was looking for green, which usually is more common here.

I hope patience pays off for you. They show up in my area until about July 4, then not much until fall.

Yep, that's for the smaller two burner models. It would still be a nice upgrade for the later Silver A's, which are no slouch themselves.

You might get lucky and see a green hood pop up at any time closer to home. Last spring I came upon a maroon hooded Silver B, then a blue hooded Silver B within a week, both about an hour away. I'm pretty frugal but I did shell out $60 for the pair. Funny thing is I was looking for green, which usually is more common here.

I hope patience pays off for you. They show up in my area until about July 4, then not much until fall.
Thank you for the advice I appreciate it.

Also started working on my 2000 today. Made some decent progress. Disassembled 100% frame is in excellent condition so I went over it with rubbing compound and then put a couple coats of wax on it and then put the cart back together. Finished cleaning and grinding the inside of the cookbox and started on the outside.
My QuliMetal 304 SS 9mm grates showed up today. I'm very happy with them. Test run great fit.20240618_142144~2.jpg20240618_170443~2.jpg20240618_171130~2.jpg20240618_185539~2.jpg

I'm just going to keep using this paint because I've had good luck with it. It lays down really nice for me and I haven't had any issues with it. For the outside of the cookbox and outside of lid end caps. Also any miscellaneous pieces that need repaint.20240618_171559~2.jpg

Not sure the size but that ebay lid looks like its in bad shape anyway... id pass on that

Back