Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

Shame you weren't here a week ago when 9mm grates were on sale for $44..... but you will still be happy.
I assume its a keeper instead of a flip? That thing will outlast you....
RCP bars are too expensive for a flip but justified for a keeper.

Shame you weren't here a week ago when 9mm grates were on sale for $44..... but you will still be happy.
I assume its a keeper instead of a flip? That thing will outlast you....
RCP bars are too expensive for a flip but justified for a keeper.
It's definitely a keeper. I wish I could have got grates from him also

Well I've had him build me custom grates for one of my grills. He is a craftsman. Lots of people have good things to say about the Qulimetal grates

Well I've had him build me custom grates for one of my grills. He is a craftsman. Lots of people have good things to say about the Qulimetal grates
I just installed a pair of 7mm QuliMetal grates in a newer Weber I did a full tear down rebuild deep clean that I donated to a family in need. They seemed good build quality.

Not to make you feel bad.... but go scroll thru my thread https://tvwbb.com/threads/help-me-pick-which-burner-tubes.98390/ to see what you missed out on by just less than a week..... and Bruce's initial review.
Even now $66 is excellent if they are a quality product! I paid $109 today for QuliMetal equivalent. I think the QuliMetal ones are heavier because they have more bars making them closer together. I'm not positive but I'm going back to check. I can still return mine for free if I need to. I don't mind paying more if it's the best option available.

I went back and looked and yes it looks like the QuliMetal grates are 2 lbs heavier and have 2 more bars making the gaps between the bars smaller. Not sure if this is important to anyone else but I kind of think I like a smaller gap between grate bars. I'm not saying the price difference is justified for everyone.

Last edited:
Even now $66 is excellent if they are a quality product! I paid $109 today for QuliMetal equivalent. I think the QuliMetal ones are heavier because they have more bars making them closer together. I'm not positive but I'm going back to check. I can still return mine for free if I need to. I don't mind paying more if it's the best option available.

I went back and looked and yes it looks like the QuliMetal grates are 2 lbs heavier and have 2 more bars making the gaps between the bars smaller. Not sure if this is important to anyone else but I kind of think I like a smaller gap between grate bars. I'm not saying the price difference is justified for everyone.
Yah, I am glad I sprung for 5 sets.

And I thought I was the only one that counted the bars on the grates..... Its always a tough call and a crap shoot when you order off of amazon.
I was actually kinda bummed that I got a nice set of cast iron grates for my B (that hasn't been used for 2 years) that prevented me from even thinking about ordering a set. But having rod grates that are basically 1 CM thick is cool! The spacing seemed appropriate to me with regard to the CIs.

And now we have heard from the grate (great) w-h-o-r-e........

I don't know if I am worthy of that.... but it will sure be easier than looking at any of the other (long term forum) guys.
THATS a rabbit hole you don't want to go down......

Last edited:
I'm new here. I've been doing teardown rebuilds of newer Weber barbecues Genesis and Summit for a while now. I'm excited now to start working on some of the older stuff. I picked up two so far and I have my eye on a couple more. This Genesis 2000 is like a Time capsule. I haven't cleaned it yet. I just got it from someone who had it in storage for many years. Other than the dirt and dust it looks to be in perfect condition with very little use. Even though everything in the cook box looks to be in great condition I ordered new burners from Weber and 9mm 304 stainless grates from QuliMetal and new stainless flavorizer bars from RC. The bbq is an excellent condition I just need to clean it. I kind of want to sand down the slats and stain them a more desirable color than the orangish finish from the factory but I might just leave it and keep this one period Correct because it is in such immaculate condition. Maybe I'll play around with the stain on the slats and types of wood on my other upcoming rebuilds. Maybe on the Genesis 1000 behind on the right.
I'm excited to be here and talk to some knowledgeable experts.View attachment 93092
I need to work on getting it cleaned up before the new parts get here. I got a new propane line installed today because the old one had an obsolete connection. Fired right up and got up to temperature very quickly.
Can anyone help me identify what kind of wood slats are on my 1993 Weber Genesis 2000?

Back