Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

I have been running aftermarket $13 burners in my Genesis 1000 for 6 or 7 years with no problem. I put these in my rehabs and have great luck with them. I just put a set in my latest rehab tonight. I am not sure if you can buy them separate, but they come with the flavorizer bars as well and the flavorizer bars are true 16ga and non-magnetic 304 ss.

Those are for a Genesis Silver B. Not sure if they make burners for a 1000. Just do a search on amazon. Lots of companies make aftermarket burners for sale on Amazon. But, I cannot recommend a specific brand for a Genesis 1000.

I have been running aftermarket $13 burners in my Genesis 1000 for 6 or 7 years with no problem. I put these in my rehabs and have great luck with them. I just put a set in my latest rehab tonight. I am not sure if you can buy them separate, but they come with the flavorizer bars as well and the flavorizer bars are true 16ga and non-magnetic 304 ss.

That's great information. I'm new to working on these older ones and thankful for the knowledge and input. Is there a place here or somewhere where I can see your restoration projects?

I just have to say ---- there is just something cool and prideful about seeing a center tube with flames coming out of both sides...... If I ever had that I'd be sad to see it go...... Maybe its just me......

I just want a grill with 13 flavor bars now --- not that I need it --- I just want it.

I just have to say ---- there is just something cool and prideful about seeing a center tube with flames coming out of both sides...... If I ever had that I'd be sad to see it go...... Maybe its just me......
Well I have three sets of good old school burner tubes now. Another good reason to pick up more BBQs for free or cheap for parts or rehab. The heat distribution from the old school design makes more sense and match that with the 13 flavorizer bars. Seems like a pretty good combo

Last edited:
I've realized that the extra 2" or so distance of the burners from the grates coupled with the extra set of flavor bars across all of them really did make for the most 'uniform' heating of just about ANY grill. They just can't be beat.

I've realized that the extra 2" or so distance of the burners from the grates coupled with the extra set of flavor bars across all of them really did make for the most 'uniform' heating of just about ANY grill. They just can't be beat.
What grill or grills do you have?

When I picked up my last Weber 1000 the guy also gave me a Weber Silver B. I don't have any plans for it so if you need anything off of it just let me know. I assume you don't want a whole nother grill but if you did you could have it for free.

I built this bench a really long time ago towards the beginning of when I started woodworking. I'm definitely no expert but I enjoy it.

Anyways this is made out of Poplar wood and finished with a marine grade varnish. I'm thinking about using this type of wood and varnish for my wood slats on my Weber 2000 project. I do have a bunch of cedar on hand but I want something a little different.Screenshot_20240614_063653_Photos~2.jpg

Last edited:
I built this bench a really long time ago towards the beginning of when I started woodworking. I'm definitely no expert but I enjoy it.

Anyways this is made out of Poplar wood and finished with a marine grade varnish. I'm thinking about using this type of wood and varnish for my wood slats on my Weber 2000 project. I do have a bunch of cedar on hand but I want something a little different.View attachment 93354

That would look great

Gotta say --- it would be pretty cool to have slats that are 'grain matched' on a grill! It would look really cool with the right starting wood!
A little extra planning up front and ordering the slats would make it really pop! You may end up with the grain going the 'wrong' way from a purist/strength standpoint, but it would be worth it.

Challenge set....

Last edited:
Gotta say --- it would be pretty cool to have slats that are 'grain matched' on a grill! It would look really cool with the right starting wood!
A little extra planning up front and ordering the slats would make it really pop! You may end up with the grain going the 'wrong' way from a purist/strength standpoint, but it would be worth it.

Challenge set....
Ooh I like that idea!

If you feel really bad about the grain going the wrong way, don't feel bad about increasing the thickness to compensate for it --- I wouldn't feel bad at all about the wood sitting proud of the frame by 1/4" or more myself. Don't let the OEM standard size box you in. Hell.... even a solid wood shelf with really nice grain would be good in my book.

If you feel really bad about the grain going the wrong way, don't feel bad about increasing the thickness to compensate for it --- I wouldn't feel bad at all about the wood sitting proud of the frame by 1/4" or more myself. Don't let the OEM standard size box you in. Hell.... even a solid wood shelf with really nice grain would be good in my book.
Thank you Jim. I agree and I will keep an open mind. I just stopped by one lumber store just browsing and now I'm going to go swing by another. Might not pick anything up today I just want to get some ideas. I really like the grain match idea but I don't think I can find larger slabs with enough character throughout. You really have to pick through the pieces to get good character in each board.

Last edited:
I'm excited to start taking them apart and working on them. I'm gonna be pretty busy for a few weeks though unless I can get next week off work. Then I will start. New grates should be here between the 18th and 20th. I'd like to find an original cover for my 2000. I have an original cover for my 1000 and it heavy duty. It's very nice even still after all these years.

Last edited:

Back