Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

Well it is very nice looking example of a GOAT grill. Whether it will sell close to it's ask is also dependent on area and relative affluence as well. But this one looks like one that will go close to if not ask. So it's worth to you is definitely a personal ask. It definitely is too high $$$ for a flip, though as a keeper nice place to start

Well it is very nice looking example of a GOAT grill. Whether it will sell close to it's ask is also dependent on area and relative affluence as well. But this one looks like one that will go close to if not ask. So it's worth to you is definitely a personal ask. It definitely is too high $$$ for a flip, though as a keeper nice place to start
I'm not looking for flippers. I'm looking to build forever grills for myself. I agree it only takes one person to want it bad enough for whatever reason maybe nostalgia. To be honest I haven't noticed any competition in my area for these old grills but it only takes one person. I should probably contact these people sooner than later. Get negotiation started.

This is the can't pass it up for me. I'd rather have this than someone else's resto. I don't mind paying a little bit more for the right one. I'm picky about what I want. I won't just restore what ever I can find cheep. That said I probably can get it for $100ish. I understand that's more than most people would pay for a resto.

I hear you. Your green lid is my blue lid. Part of that blue lid love may be because of my blue performer. It’s feeling a lot less love since I got my S330 though.

*Edit* My blue kettle may get a lot more love once it’s put in its new SSP home! Thanks to @MarkCuda!

Last edited:
Those old Genesis grills are simple and don't have a lot of unnecessary stuff on them. If weber basically fired up the old manufacturing machines and started producing the exact same Genesis grills with the same quality of components, I can't imagine them costing anywhere near what a new/current Genesis base model would cost.

Those old Genesis grills are simple and don't have a lot of unnecessary stuff on them. If weber basically fired up the old manufacturing machines and started producing the exact same Genesis grills with the same quality of components, I can't imagine them costing anywhere near what a new/current Genesis base model would cost.
Offer them with thick 304 SS grates and flavorizer bars. It Would probably be the only grill on the market built to last. I imagine that that would be good for sales. Although I like vintage and vintage looking things. Some people don't so that's also a factor.

You would certainly think so. If they took all they knew, and went back in time, I can’t even imagine how great of a grill that could be.

Back