It's Winter Grilling Time....

We had a “Polar Vortex” condition hit here a couple of years ago. Air temp of -15 WCF of -40.
I had made a contact with a guy on a music site who was going to be visiting and was looking to find some folks to make a little music with one night. I figured what the heck, I set it up and found out that this guy was my wife’s bosses regional manager! He was a southern guy (transplanted to Cincinnati) so, he had acclimated a bit.
Anyway, I decided I’d do a pork loin, suffice to say, dinner was delayed! He was surprised that I was cooking on the kettle, it was an interesting evening. I was in and out in shirtsleeves, he was bundled up like “Ralphie‘s little brother” in “A Christmas Story”! Nice warm fire in the fireplace, good music.
Wife got a little grief from co workers about being nice to the guy, I had absolutely no clue who he was or where he was working. I just know that there have been times when making some music and a home cooked meal when I was on the road would have been heavenly!9252E83D-D46D-4E48-8752-4B43F75B5F9F.jpeg

Done a couple of grills outside in Chicago here. Got a hanking to smoke a turkey breast soon.

Feel like I have a responsibility now that I got the sign from Weber
PXL_20220115_005511011.jpg

Living like two towns over from Weber is great - sign and stemless wine glasses arrived very quickly, packed great.

Whoa, that's cool!
Thanks. I liked the simple design, just something to look at while I'm freezing my butt off.

Been having fun with the outside lights as well - you can pick 20-some different colors; so I've been switching to the "white" that's in the pic when it snows.

Back