It's Winter Grilling Time....

My dad had a fireplace in the lower level of a split level house that was raised about 4 feet above
the floor. He had a grate made for it and grilled indoors for the cold months. Wish that I had bought
his house on many cold days on my grill outside.

What about people who moved to a cold winter place, from a warm clime.
Something is at least “interesting” with those folks, not that I have any interest in living in Florida but, I’d consider the southwest as a ”Not Michigan“ location, if I had to. Halfway up a mountain, maybe right next to the Dahls in Prescott AZ. But, I cant afford it. I’ll be cold in winter and enjoy the Great Lakes in the more temperate months, it’s pretty much ideal for my family.

I've recently moved to New London, NH from CT. It's uh...a little bit cooler up here. The wind whips through my neighborhood pretty good, holds temps down on my grill and generally makes it very, very uncomfortable to cook outside for the next 90 days or so.

I wonder...did I misfire when I agreed to move up here? Oof. I wonder...

My dad had a fireplace in the lower level of a split level house that was raised about 4 feet above
the floor. He had a grate made for it and grilled indoors for the cold months. Wish that I had bought
his house on many cold days on my grill outside.
We had the pleasure of being invited to our friends' log cabin with a raised stone fireplace (and a log heated sauna). We had that same grate great grilling experience!

Barb and I moved from Southern California to the mountains of Arizona. All was good 20 years ago when we made the move. The cold and snow in the winter didn't bother me then, now that I'm in my 70's and take all kinds of meds to keep me going. I hate the cold.
But would I move back to SoCal... nope don't miss the traffic, congestion, smog and earthquakes. Now I just hibernate in the winter here and wait for the nice spring and summer weather.
Although now that my daughter moved from SoCal to Surprise Az (near Phoenix) we can go down there and stay with them for a few days in the nice warm winter weather they have.

I don't let weather conditions slow me down, stopping aint even in the vocabulary lol. 18x26' carport covered sides on the west and south keeps me cookin lol.

This is another positive of having an Infrared burner. I run outside with the steaks, burgers, dogs. Fire up the burner. In 1 minute I am cooking. In about 5 minutes I am back in the house.

As a shirt and flip flop guy I cook year round, the rain bugs me though! Wanted to smoke something for tomorrow forecast not great.

Although I by far prefer to grill/smoke in warm weather, I do not let the cold stop me. I have found that grilling when the temps are below freezing does take some adjustments but firing up the Performer and grill a nice Rib Eye lifts my spirits and keeps me from feeling that I am shut in by the weather.

We are finally getting consistent rain, and I'm glad my grills have wheels on them so I can roll them under cover.

I'm just not into cooking in the rain.

As a shirt and flip flop guy I cook year round, the rain bugs me though! Wanted to smoke something for tomorrow forecast not great.
I wound up grinding Chuck and brisket tonight for burgers with the hopes of this atmospheric river calming down some so I could fire up the grill, but no. Not happening. Had to do dinner in the CI and made some white cheddar with truffle parm mac n cheese as the side. Dinner was great but I’m so over this constant rain.

We are finally getting CONSTANT, NON STOP BY THE BUCKETLOADS rain, and I'm glad my grills have wheels on them so I can roll them under cover.

I'm just not into cooking in the rain.
I corrected your rain description above. You were being too kind.

Back