It's raining Skylines!

I called about the 500-based Skyline in RI on Friday and left a voicemail, but I didn't hear back, so I called again this morning and was told it was sold.

I hope someone on here got it.

Finally I got a picture to post using my phone. That will make sharing photos a lot easier once I figure out how to duplicate whatever I just did. :)

Jason that is pretty amazing to fit that in the car. I am shocked the hatch closed. :)
When I picked up my grill I showed up in a Mazda5 van and the guy was looking at me like, how is this going to fit.
We got it in there without much of a problem (Once I realized the lid removed so easy. It was my first weber grill so I was not aware on how amazing they were at disassembling.)

Keep us updated on the progress. Looks good!

Well here it is 95% complete. Once it cools off a little and I can work in the garage I'll be staining up some cedar and replace the slats.
I really like the larger black knobs and I know it's just for show tank cover.
29912124927_6f02c031a0_z.jpg
[/url]100_3950 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich,
That looks outstanding. I really love the blackout look; I think it sets the standard for the urban Chicago Skyline style!

As always, Rich, another beautiful grill. I am getting there on those tax returns! Soon I WILL have mine ready to show so that I can join you. I am sure Bruce will beat me, too;). That’s ok; I think it’s fun that we have a little club going. Let us know when it goes on it’s maiden grill voyage.

Jon, the way things are looking, I won't be beating anyone. I did get my quilimetal grates today. But, I haven't even had time to open them yet.

Well, after all my traveling taking up nearly my entire September, I finally got back to my Skyline. I realized that I still have the cook box and end caps to finish up and with the weather barely hitting the 50's lately and rain every day, I figured I had better take advantage of the next couple days of warmer and dryer weather. So, I ground out the box and end caps this afternoon and they are ready for the paint tomorrow or Thursday. Then, it will just be some drying time and then I can begin the reassembly. I like to have at least two or three days for parts to dry after painting...maybe more with this cool wet weather before I start my reassembly.
It won't be long now and I will be able to post up some photos.

Bruce,

I am looking forward to another great restoration and especially since you are doing a Skyline. I hope you like it so well that you have to keep it:rolleyes:!

I guess I will be dragging up the back of the parade but do hope to join you and Rich as soon as my fall tax season allows.

Bruce, I’m giving you the raspberries!
I should have such a problem!
But, I’m planning on winning the Lotto tonight and will simply buy the “Skyline 3000” for the island property I’m intending to purchase.
Hey, if you have pipe dreams, dream FUN!
There is an island about six hours away which is up for auction soon!
I would be happy to host a midwest TVWBB retreat if I win! Well, the boundaries may vary but, you all catch my drift.
For cryinoutloud, if I win that big, I’ll send the plane!! Time for a nightcap!

Hi Skyline junkies. Thought I'd post a pic of my fleet.

Still a little work left (side burner) on the 3200. I am still rehabbing the side burner, tough to find parts like that s.b. trivet. I bought a heavy "Frigidaire" part and had to do some mods. Will send pic when I have them ready.
uFKlQUr.jpg

The fleet is growing when you include the Gen 1000 and the kettle (not in pic is my Masterbuilt smoker).
16Vw6C5.jpg

I am thinking about selling the little Skyline 520. Spent a lot on parts though. Might have to make it a wedding present or something worthwhile!
kAYUbgr.jpg

I may take the grill light handle off the 3200 and put in on the 1000, and go back to the original Durawood handle on the 3200 (which power washed superbly). Then my 3200 will be all-stock, no mod. Thats it for my Weber summer.

Shine on Weber fans!
p33vNjM.jpg

Tony,

SO COOL! Love that you have the 3-burner AND the 2-burner. Both look great! Excellent and creative work. I like your take on the black knobs.

I might use your post to show my wife that I am not the only "Skyline junkie!"

Hahahaha thanks Jon.

As I have said before you inspired me to take this Skyline "trip"! I just received Weber's black igniter switches too. I am a little burned out on rehabbing right now and I have a lot of work travel in October.

Before the sting of Chicago winter, I have 3 primary goals: 1) Finish the 3200 side burner 2) tinker with and fine tune the fleet's trims (think red caliper paint lol), and 3) find me a neglected Skyline 1200 for a Spring '19 project!!!

Back