It's raining Skylines!

Keith that look like a good candidate to rehab at the right price same one I just picked up one Tuesday with the wood on the bottom shelf. Everything looks like its there including the left swing table and even the wood hard to tell looks like it could be re-used. He has had it up for sale for a month might want to toss him an offer.

Mine is a keeper got it for free lucky by the way but if you wanted a redhead bad enough I don't think $50 bucks is unreasonable if the burners and bars are okay. The few redheads in ATL do not show up very often around here and usually disappear pretty quick. Two showed up before Labor day I got one and the other he wanted 30 bucks for missing the side drop down table that one sold for $30 maybe he took less but it was gone in less than 5 days.

I shot him a low ball offer, thinking he would come back with a more reasonable offer, maybe my low ball was too unreasonable too him?

Another skyline down in Phoenix on CL. Looks to be in nice condition even comes with a roti. If it wasn't a gazillion degrees down there I would go down and snatch it.
But then again I don't want to have the wrath of Barb, even a better reason to pass on it.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/app/d/weber-grill-skyline-series/6690875794.html

That would have been very hard to pass up.
Another grill with holes in the knobs. I have yet to
figure out how that happens.

Yah, the big thing in that grill is the lid and the basket on the right side. If the lid is in good condition and free of oxidation, and the basket isn't rusted out, then I would think $50 is a good deal as long as you are in the market for a Skyline. At some point, he is going to simply want to get rid of it.

I would keep and eye on it and if it is still there in a few days, drop another offer of $40. (Use a different email address though).

If the rotisserie works and is in good shape, that is probably worth at least $25.

Thought I would join the skyline red kettle club;)

30753111588_df13a1934a_z.jpg
[/url]100_3849 (1) by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

29685045217_5fe76f693b_z.jpg
[/url]100_3829 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich that looks really good! The black looks so clean with that red logo showing.
I love the handles on these. I would not mind finding one of those as I noticed when doing my first grill with the regular handle sometimes my hand would hit the lid. :|

Yah, I just spend the second day on my skyline today. I got most of the parts cleaned up now minus the hood, end caps and cook box. I have decided I will break out my set of black knobs and igniter button for this build. I am also considering using the black end caps from the same grill the knobs came from and using them on my skyline making it an almost total black out. I am definitely going to do the red on the kettle on the name plate too. It should really stand out with the total black out. I will still have the Durawood side table and swing table. It would have been nice if I could have used the black lid handle as well, but it came from a Silver B with the newer rounded hood and hence corresponding end caps. No way to use the handle without changing the hood which would obviously destroy the skyline theme.

Many people probably wont specially notice the red kettle, but it really sets off the grill with all the black around it and makes the whole grill stand out.

Is that a two burner or three burner Silver?

Congrats on getting her sold Dave. BTW: Check your PM's.

Last edited:
Thought I would join the skyline red kettle club;)

30753111588_df13a1934a_z.jpg
[/url]100_3849 (1) by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

29685045217_5fe76f693b_z.jpg
[/url]100_3829 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG QUOTE]

Wow, Rich, that’s a beauty! Now Bruce is saying he is going to do his with a red kettle and black knobs as well. We may have started a new Skyline standard;). You guys are going to be finished before me, but when my fall tax season is over I will join you. We will need to compile a “Skyline family album” with all of our Skyline mods :cool:!

Back