It's raining Skylines!

In my personal herd I have four gas grills one NG and three LP plus a twenty# tank on the performer and another on the WSM/JJ cart for the chimney lighter side burner. So I have six 20# tanks which is a PITA to keep track of. I love the NG E320 as it's never ending supply of gas is wonderful. No tanks to fill or to run out halfway through a cook. I don't shuffle any of the gassers around so If I could they would all be NG but it's to expensive to even consider.
So the skyline and green 2000 are backups to the E320. The kettle gasser does get moved to the patio when I do whole chickens on it so I would leave that one as LP.

In my personal herd I have four gas grills one NG and three LP plus a twenty# tank on the performer and another on the WSM/JJ cart for the chimney lighter side burner. So I have six 20# tanks which is a PITA to keep track of. I love the NG E320 as it's never ending supply of gas is wonderful. No tanks to fill or to run out halfway through a cook. I don't shuffle any of the gassers around so If I could they would all be NG but it's to expensive to even consider.
So the skyline and green 2000 are backups to the E320. The kettle gasser does get moved to the patio when I do whole chickens on it so I would leave that one as LP.

At the time my grandfather had his NG line installed, his plumber suggested that he could give him a splitter if he wanted to run multiple grills on one line.
My grandfather laughed - "No, I only need one grill!" Ha.

Well, I am verrry close to posting up my Skyline. It is all done except for the lid logo which I screwed up a couple days ago. I tried to redo it once, but it didn't come out good so, I found a new logo plate (actually, the original for the skyline) and I started over. It is almost completed and I just have to do a couple more coats of paint and then let it dry and install it. Then, I can take some photos and post them up. Sucks to have to sit and watch paint dry. Literally.

Well, I am verrry close to posting up my Skyline. It is all done except for the lid logo which I screwed up a couple days ago. I tried to redo it once, but it didn't come out good so, I found a new logo plate (actually, the original for the skyline) and I started over. It is almost completed and I just have to do a couple more coats of paint and then let it dry and install it. Then, I can take some photos and post them up. Sucks to have to sit and watch paint dry. Literally.

Can't wait to see it!

Look forward to seeing what you have come up with! I can't do anything for one more week, but then I will be free of income taxes for the rest of the fall. My time will finally have come! I plan to get busy on all those slats and at long, long last get my Skyline DONE! It is now the only grill allowed on our little deck:eek:, so it would be nice to have it functional:rolleyes:! Meanwhile, I grill in the backyard...

It's a shame that my season has to end just when you are getting started. At least I will be able to live vicariously through yours and others builds. April can't get here fast enough for me.

Bruce have you thought about maybe hitting that logo with some high temp clear after you get the while thing painted? It would have a really nice depth to it

That poor puppy looks like it was pulled from a lake bottom. Some work ahead for you Jason, but definitely worth saving.

About 30 seconds with a wet shop towel an a quick dry of with a towel. Now I'm off to work.

Jason,
Can’t tell for sure from your pictures, but looks like maybe this hood has little or maybe none of the dreaded fade/ white speckles like mine and so many have. If so, regardless of the rest of the parts condition, I think you did great. You also have the condiment cart, so you are good to go on bringing it back. Everything else is generic Genesis.

Looks to me to be a great rehab candidate as long as the hood is good with little or none of the fade.

If the guy drops his price on the NG one up in Plainwell, I might need to bite on one, I need to think about this a bit.

Timothy,
The Skyline club is always recruiting new members. If you want full membership privileges, you have to get one of those Weber propane tank covers, black knobs and paint the kettle in the logo red;)!

Jon

Got the tank cover, just took a closer look at the one about forty minutes away, it’s a 2 burner NG, I will wait for a three burner to show up, or maybe have to get the 3000 about an hour and a half away and just snag the hood when I find one.
More time will be needed to build the initiation fee for the “Skyline Society” but, I might start looking for donor equipment just in case something swings my way!

Back