I'm a happy father.....

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Last Thursday's was a great!!!!

While I was getting ready to get all my ingredients for Thursday's dinner my son Anrhony asked me if he can cook the food. He didn't know what I was doing but I said of course.

I have been waiting for this question for a long time. I planned for sausages and hotdogs and its was a perfect cook for my 8 year old son.

We used the weber q for this cook.

But first some drinks for the grown ups

Here's your plate.

As we sat outside I was telling him about safety about the grill and how to cook and what to look for.

Here's where he surprised my he told me the sausages are done. I said how do you know?
He said I just know... I tell him about internal temp and what's safe to eat and guess what it was 160 on the dot. :)

I could not believe it.

On Friday he helped with chicken on the pellet smoker. Not really a lot of action for him on this cook since we were only waiting on a temp to be reached.

Thanks for stopping by

Tony and Maribel

Last edited:
Awesome post! I have a one year old son and hope he shares a love for BBQ like his old man! Nice looking food as well!

How cool is that! Hopefully your talent at the grill will be carried over to your son. Looking forward to his first tread.

What a great way to spend time with your children. It shows the love they get in your home. Congrats on a great kid.

Tony;
Great lookin' son you have there. It's obvious that you (and Maribel) are doing a great job. Children reflect their parents. Taking the time to work with your children (and sometimes it is not easy) will make great citizens of them as well as terrific pitmasters! Feed a child is great but teaching him to cook will last him his whole life!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Wow, when I saw those two bottle necks scroll up I thought... naaah. Very heartfelt post Tony and impressive as well. That food looks fantastic and your son did a great job.

Congrats to your son job well done, looking forward to other cooks he will be doing. Watch out Tony you may be sharing the spot light with your son real soon. Great teaching by you and Maribel.

Simply awesome.

Pretty soon, these posts will be signed "Tony, Maribel and Anthony". ;)

Tony,

Love seeing this. His food looks excellent, and those grill marks on the dog and sausages look perfect! You know, my boys are a bit younger, but looking forward to this moment.

Back