I'll pass on a recipe if it calls for (blank)!! *****

I'm revising my post and removing brussel sprouts from my list. I've had roasted,grilled and sauteed brussels and they were fantastic! I'll replace them with lima beans on my list!
icon_biggrin.gif

When looking at recipes, I will generally pass on anything pre made, ie.canned beans, frozen pastry dough,frozen or canned veggies. I do use bottled ketchup and mustard, I am not a total purist. The fresher the better. If I can make it myself, I will use it. I love to cook from the bottom up!

Mark

- Ketchup. Want to destroy a meal? Add Ketchup!
- Fermented milk og cream. My body won't tolerate it. It's a shame, as lots of recipes calls for yougurt, sour cream and so on.

- Kiwi. The same, I get small red itchy spots all over.

- Anything indian. I just do not care for the tast. Everything tastes the same, curry/garam masalaaish..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geir Widar:
- Ketchup. Want to destroy a meal? Add Ketchup!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Couldn't disagree more. Life without ketchup would not be worth living.

Regards,
Chris

Cloves,...good golly they taste like the smell of pine sol. Indian food the smell and taste doesn't leave me for 3 days. I only had it twice, that was enough. Balsamic vinegar,..ugh I just can't get past that taste, too sharp gets me right in the throat. Overall I like other vinegars though. Cilantro? I'm on the positive side of that gene,..it tastes great to me
icon_smile.gif
Liver of any kind,...actually any organ meats. Thanks for letting me vent on these.
icon_smile.gif

Yeah organ meat, and raw oysters in a glass of milk. My dad and Grandpa always had them at Thanksgiving when grandma would make stuffing. I will eat them steamed or cooked but there still not that great.

This was a fun thread, if I do say so myself.
lol-029.png

Wondered if any newer members need to vent about ingredient dislikes.
In case I didn't say so before,
I Do Not Like Rosemary!

When this thread went live,I wouldn't eat brussel sprouts. Ugh. No wait,double ugh! Then Pammi roasted some with bacon! Omg,they were good!
And I've tried,I really have,but I just don't like sweet potatoes or egg plant. If Pammi tries a new preparation,I'll try it. But it ain't happened yet! :D

Cilantro is at the top for me.

I love having a few french fries with my quart of ketchup :)

I've heard the cilantro love/hate is due to a gene. For some, it makes cilantro taste great; for others, it tastes like soap. I happen to like it, but know plenty that are on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Cilantro reminds me of the times (too many to mention) when my mother 'washed my mouth out' with Ivory soap!

I am shocked at the cilantro hatred. Actually for a bunch of folks who like to cook, there are some pretty specific food hatred out there. I can eat most anything but I'm not making or eating tofu. The texture makes me gag.

Lima beans are mushy. Celery is disgusting. Coconut is gritty. Bell peppers aren't my fav.

Last edited:
When this thread went live,I wouldn't eat brussel sprouts. Ugh. No wait,double ugh! Then Pammi roasted some with bacon! Omg,they were good!
And I've tried,I really have,but I just don't like sweet potatoes or egg plant. If Pammi tries a new preparation,I'll try it. But it ain't happened yet! :D

You should check out the Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook - they have a green bean recipe that's cooked with bacon that'd be great with brussel sprouts too... and an Eggplant recipe that's made with peppercorns, herbes de Provence, Asiago, balsamic vinegar etc, cooked kind of like this

I've recommended this cookbook a few times at least....I can't say enough about it! I've tried (with heavy modifications) chilis, chowders, cornbread, pizzas,

Back