I'll pass on a recipe if it calls for (blank)!! *****

Urban legend claims that Cilantro intolerance is based on a gene, and is hereditary.

Personally I don't have it; and I'll eat/cook pretty much anything else if I get a chance too!

Rye used to drive me nuts but I'm slowly getting over it.

I love cilantro, especially sprinkled on bbq chicken pizza after baking.

When I was young cilantro reminded me of a dirty dish rag, now it just tastes good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Kramer:
Rye, dill, or coconut. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Rick. I'm curious, are you referring to rye flour? I don't doubt you, but if it's rye flour, I've always considered it a rather inoffensive ingredient.

###

I find rye bread offensive. So anything that tastes or smells even remotely close to that I shy away from. Same with the dill.

You can only imagine how excited I am about the upcoming Holiday seasonal rye bread bowls full of dill dip. Yippee!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Kramer:
I find rye bread offensive. So anything that tastes or smells even remotely close to that I shy away from.
Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can eat rye bread IF it's without the caraway seeds.
I don't like caraway, anise, or fennel.

I'll eat almost anything, so that's a difficult question. The kinds of things I would steer clear of are things that I don't often see in recipes anyway - like jellyfish and rat.

-Mark.

You can only imagine how excited I am about the upcoming Holiday seasonal rye bread bowls full of dill dip. Yippee!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh man, I'm still laughing.
icon_biggrin.gif
Wow.
(love dark rye bread)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:

Also, IMO, strawberries, nuts, orange slices, and raisins do not belong in a lettuce salad! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not too fond of raisins and apples in coleslaw either

I find rye bread offensive. So anything that tastes or smells even remotely close to that I shy away from. Same with the dill.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wonder if it's not some of the usual suspects (ingredients) in the various rye breads that cause your dislike. Some/many rye breads contain some fairly strong tasting ingredients with accompanying strong aromas. A lot of rye breads contain things like sourdough starter, buttermilk, cocoa, molasses and the already mentioned caraway seeds. Some rye breads, of course, contain dill--Dill rye bread! Rye flour, in and of itself, is pretty bland in both flavor and aroma.

Here's hoping you have rye bread-free holidays!

###

Cauliflower. Just don't like it. Don't like raw onions in most cases though I do like them browned, caramelized and deep fried and.

I would cook/prepare those for wife/guests though.

Curry. There is a multi-counter eatery by the clinic I work at and the indian food there smells and looks like something I come across in my day to day work. (insert puke icon here)

No mushrooms for me please. There is a fungus among us, but I would prefer not to eat it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D. L. Whitehead:

icon_rolleyes.gif

Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wonder if it's not some of the usual suspects (ingredients) in the various rye breads that cause your dislike. Some/many rye breads contain some fairly strong tasting ingredients with accompanying strong aromas. A lot of rye breads contain things like sourdough starter, buttermilk, cocoa, molasses and the already mentioned caraway seeds. Some rye breads, of course, contain dill--Dill rye bread! Rye flour, in and of itself, is pretty bland in both flavor and aroma.

Here's hoping you have rye bread-free holidays!

### </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL, too funny here. Rye bread with caraway seeds is called cissel bread around here. I love it, but can understand your dislike for the seeds. It makes fantastic toast, buy hey, if you detest it, you detest it. Here, regular plain rye bread has no seeds and comes either light or dark, the dark being more flavorful IMO. Makes good toast too. At any rate, they all beat Wonder bread, again IMO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt B.:
Cilantro. It tastes like dirt to me. It literally reminds me of what dirt tastes like when you get it in your mouth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Matt, you know you have to wash it first, right?
icon_wink.gif

For me it's tofu and rhubarb and ketchup, ketchup especially.

Tripe
Fried sheep brains and eggs
Sour curdled milk on lettuce

My grandfather would eat anything and nothing was wasted at butchering time. I was raised where I had to eat whatever was put in front of me. Used to sit at that table for quite a while sometimes... Some of that stuff went down hard...

Back