I will just leave this here

A thermometer doesn't care if you are smoking or grilling or BBQ'ing. I think the old one died and he didn't realize he could just replace it so he bought some aftermarket thermometer and hacked it in.
Nah, that ruins even a collector lid for me.

A friend long time back would not absolutely peel any tape off from any appliances ever. He said it increases resale value, it looks new....
The second option I think the owner is just plain lazy.

Timothy: I will send my daughter over. She absolutely loves to peel the protective coating off anything. If I buy a gadget and she finds out I didn't let her remove the protective film, there is hell to pay. LOL. ;)

WHY????????
This isn't the first grill I have seen where they fail to remove the blue protective tape from the grill. And invariably it is nearly permanent after a short while due to heat and the elements.
View attachment 8144

I think some people are just lazy or do not know any better. I picked up a free S-310 a few months back, the person left that blue tape on there....I used a heat gun to help remove the old tape, but it still left some crud on there.

Yah, that's what I mean. On things like grills that are exposed to extreme heat and outdoor elements, that protective tape tends to become permanent. And especially when it is on stainless steel, removing it involves a high risk of scratching the heck out of the SS.

Anyone in SoCal want to steal a Spirit?
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/app/d/santa-monica-weber-barbecue/7150693596.html
00f0f_h3Dvszqz5Ap_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

Back