I will just leave this here

That wire rack bottom is a big plus. How do the sides look on the inside. It it hard to tell from the picture, but they don't look bad.

Yeah the wire rack bottom is nice to prevent a complete rust out. Didn’t realize it had that until I saw this posted. I’m waiting for additional pictures to see. He said there was some rust on the inside bottom so we’ll see how bad it is.

Was at a friend's mountain house this past weekend to celebrate the 4th. He has a big expensive looking 5 burner nat gas grill made by Viking. He said the manifold rusted away and the parts to replace it would cost more than buying a new grill. I meant to take pictures of it and am kicking myself for not doing so. He isn't a very handy guy and had a Viking rep come out and tell him this, guessing the rep just was trying to sell him a new grill. All of the insides of the grill seemed to be in good enough shape....burners, bars and grates. Of course I wasn't able to test any of them.
Looks like Viking only warranties their grills for 2 years :censored:
What's the general view of these grills? Over-priced and under-built?
He has it in a built-in stone area on his deck. Would probably better just to retro-fit a Genesis in there rather than trying to get the old one going.

Well the cool think about many of these high end products is the "manifold" is really nothing more than some black iron gas pipe fitted, drilled and threaded to meet the purpose. That is at least what I found on my Wolf.

Back