I will just leave this here

I don’t think gas grills command the high prices people sometimes list them for on eBay. There is a very early Genesis 2 - intact but not restored - that has been listed for months. If you have a desirable, rarer kettle -say a yellow or avocado - they WILL sell and sometimes at very high prices. If you are in a larger metropolitan area it might be interesting to try listing a totally restored classic Genesis to see what happens. If you succeed, remember you will be sharing a chunk with eBay for listing and sales fees.

Like this Junior which has been listed for years now:
If would be abler get around $500 for these old Genesis I would have never stopped restoring.

Yeah, I have seen that one, too. Both of the grills we have mentioned have probably rusted away by now, still waiting for their first bid! :rolleyes:

Pretty cool. A little reminiscent of some PK cast aluminum creations. If it was a “Cheerwine” grill I could fall off the wagon again! I am trying hard to keep it to Webers, Broilmasters and a few PK grills - ACTUAL PK grills!

I was just thinking that of all the grills I have acquired over the past several years, I can only remember one where it had solid rod stainless steel grates. That was on a Genesis E3xx grill. I have never gotten a Genesis 1000 or Silver/Gold or even Platinum with them. Even though I know it is common for many grill owners to just go with the cheapest replacements, I would have thought a few would have put some good stainless grated in them.

Not sure if the owner pulled the lid off or maybe it broke off. Probably started to take it apart to clean it and just gave up.

"no rust on bottom table behind the door as is very prevalent on this model"

Yep, but it's painted a totally different color than the rest of the cabinet.

Back