I will just leave this here

Reading what he wrote, I suspect he's on a fishing expedition, trying to gauge what the market is for a rehabbed vintage Weber.

Well here is another really classic gas grill from 1967. I guess back then, Charmglow was a Made in USA grill company. It certainly has a beautiful antique look to it if nothing else:

LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE!

Jon, you better get back to the tax returns or you will wind up in trouble.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Have you seen this one?

HrreeLK.jpg

EDIT: This photo was posted previously in this thread by Jon Tofte...thanks, Jon! My wife now knows that I am normal (she asked me if I was looking at girls the other night. I said no, I'm looking at barbeques. She gave me a funny look.)

Last edited:
Yes, that is THE Grill we had on our deck, pedastal and all. I remember that wood handle too.

I am beginning to become overwhelmed by my feelings of inadequacy. You Midwestern folks had better grills then as now. Here is what I grew up with:

OldBBQ.jpg

(from an earlier post in this thread, as was the picture from my previous post, which was posted by Jon T)

I am beginning to become overwhelmed by my feelings of inadequacy. You Midwestern folks had better grills then as now. Here is what I grew up with:

View attachment 9419

(from an earlier post in this thread, as was the picture from my previous post, which was posted by Jon T)

Ed, you had the luxury model with the hood and rotisserie. My Dad just had the bottom tray for the charcoal and the grate. It was orange and my four brothers and I loved the burgers of of it. Oh the memories! 😋

View attachment 9419

I saw one of those for sale in Palm Springs last year for a few hundred dollars. Wish I could remember more.

No pic because it is gone by now but I was working a little bit on my Genny 1000 rebuild today and went to prep the wheels for a coat of paint (something I could do quick in between doing other non-related things). What did I find? A huge wad of gum plastered to one of the wheels! I guess that is what you get with a 22 year old grill lol. What is the weirdest thing tou have found on/in your grill?

No pic because it is gone by now but I was working a little bit on my Genny 1000 rebuild today and went to prep the wheels for a coat of paint (something I could do quick in between doing other non-related things). What did I find? A huge wad of gum plastered to one of the wheels! I guess that is what you get with a 22 year old grill lol. What is the weirdest thing tou have found on/in your grill?
A dinner fork

That's different...

I know it is painted, but at least it is a unique and different color than flat black.

Back