I will just leave this here

True Larry, but I thought maybe it was something they put on the wood. The wood just looks perfectly sized and matches the handle. The handle is one thing that is really tough to duplicate to match the original too. I was thinking maybe the guy put some clear Thompsons Water Seal or something on the wood.

Curious...would there be a market for reproducing the wooden handles? Unfinished, you stain, seal, whatever. Would shipping costs kill it?

I don't think it would be worth it for someone to go into mass production for, but I suppose a wood worker with the right tools and skills could pump them out by hand pretty easily.

...and I just received one of the new Weber Grill Out lights. I'm going to draw up a bracket to mount it to the old handle and 3D print it. Any interest in that?

Yes, what old handle are you referring too. I believe the old Genesis 1000 and early Silver A/B lids will take the Grill Out Handle Light just fine? Are you talking about the newer Silver B lids that have the round handles?

Oh, I thought you were talking about the old Grill Out Handle Light. #9057

There's a few things I like about the new style...the tilt switch, the ability to detach so you can use on another grill, use as a flashlight, or bring indoors when not in use, and the availability (the old ones are obsolete, scarce, and can be pricey).

Last edited:
I have to say that the #9057 handle is cool and the LED conversion really helps it out, but other than that, most of the other lights are pretty crappy IMO. I have heard that this newest tilt light is pretty nice though.

I kinda like this one, too...not as fancy, but the flexible part is plenty long. I put it on my OTP.

1595123441969.png

George: For some reason, I am seeing a lot of people trying to sell off their old (non-rehabbed) grills for premium prices. I don't remember it so much in years past like I have this summer. Not sure why it is that way or if I just didn't realize it so much in past years.
Anyway, that does look like a decent grill, but for another $50 to $100 a guy can get one completely rehabbed and cleaned up.

Back