I will just leave this here

27” 🤔???? 26” ? Looks more like a 22” to me.
I'd agree. Looks like a lot of lies, ahem... errors in that ad. I'm thinking it's an older 22" kettle with a somewhat newer lid. Suggesting that $500 was ever MSRP for a 26" is horrible. Dude fits the stereotype of the shady used car salesman.

For your consideration...
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/586015078774733/
110005511_4122193734518354_7656173965698929810_o.jpg

111165206_4122193794518348_8501585381702785352_o.jpg

$1500 asking. It looks complete, except for the casters. This is the first Summit I have seen that is cleaner than Chris A.'s! 😆

Valencia is about as dry as it gets. It's not far from where they store out of service passenger jets. And it was stored inside a warehouse.

Madone' That is one clean grill. Not sure what extra features he thinks it has. I don't see any except for some badging. All the Summits of that generation came with the heavy rod grates, the smoker and such. Side burner was an option but that was it. $1500? I don't know but certainly as nice of a 650 as you will find. Sadly it's luck of the draw if the firebox will last as well as the rest of it

That happens to me a lot Jason. I expect he had several offers before you and didn't bother to delete the listing or mark it sold until it was actually sold and gone.

That happens to me a lot Jason. I expect he had several offers before you and didn't bother to delete the listing or mark it sold until it was actually sold and gone.
Yeah, I've had it happen several times. This one hurt a little though. For a long time I have said I'm not buying any more. But then I saw that. It was going to go to my sister I did the Skyline for. I already have a performer. I brought my kettle to her house to do a Superbowl cook and haven't brought it back yet. She has been using it more than the gasser recently. That one would have been something special for her.

I know. The problem is if you don't see a deal like that as soon as it's listed you are pretty sure to miss out. Around my area there are a few flippers that seem to be checking the classifieds 24/7. They jump on the deals almost instantly. I hope someone got a grill they will enjoy for a long time, but I expect to see it relisted soon by a different seller. We've all seen that many times.

This is the first Summit I have seen that is cleaner than Chris A.'s! 😆
That is true!

By the way, I think that $10K price might be all hat, no cattle. I searched for "Neiman Marcus Weber Summit" and found a Washington Post article from July 1999 promoting Jamie Purviance's latest book at the time "Weber's Art of the Grill" in which it mentions the book selling for "$35 in bookstores or, included in the $3,500 cost of the Red River Summit 450 Series Grill by Weber, exclusive to Neiman Marcus. Currently on view in the District store's men's department--the one at Tysons Galleria has already sold--the grill can be ordered at either branch. (You get the book with the $4,000 model too.)"

So Summit 450 was $3500, Summit 650 was $4000? In 1997, first year for Summit 650, that grill with porcelain hood went for $3350. So $4000 for stainless hood, special badge, and Purviance's book doesn't seem out of the question.

For $10K, they better have included a truckload of USDA Prime Texas steaks, some grill tools, an apron, a brand to mark your steaks, and tickets to the barbecue contest at the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo! :D

I know. The problem is if you don't see a deal like that as soon as it's listed you are pretty sure to miss out. Around my area there are a few flippers that seem to be checking the classifieds 24/7. They jump on the deals almost instantly. I hope someone got a grill they will enjoy for a long time, but I expect to see it relisted soon by a different seller. We've all seen that many times.

Yep, that’s what I am seeing a lot. I have been flagging grills like nicer 300 series “sidewinders,” early Summits, stainless Platinums, and some other above average offerings. Most are selling very quickly if the price is reasonable. Sidewinders seem to have a cult following. Any of the ones with no major cabinet rust sell like lightning. Older Summits also seem to pop fast as well. Figures. The ones I like require you to be ready to drop everything to run and grab them when the ad posts🤨.

Last edited:

Back