I will just leave this here

Well the cool think about many of these high end products is the "manifold" is really nothing more than some black iron gas pipe fitted, drilled and threaded to meet the purpose. That is at least what I found on my Wolf.
Hmmm, if that's the case then that shouldn't be too hard to replace. He did say something about it being a particular sized "manifold"....guessing that when Viking originally installed the grill the installer just used the black iron pipe and fittings like you mentioned. Might actually be a somewhat easy / inexpensive fix then....
I had my 2 and 4 year old girls up there, so I didn't have any time to look at it besides opening the lid up.

Yeah really it should not be too hard. You gotta remember how these high end companies build these things. I.E. when you look at my Wolf it is very obvious it was built from an indoor restaurant style char griller. And a lid with a rear IR burner was added for spin cooking. My manifold is basically 1/2" black pipe, drilled and tapped for valves and threaded for elbows and such to make it fit. It's very crude really

Just seems the manifold would not even be able to rust out in just a few years unless it was where it would mount to the cook box. On all the older Genesis grill I have had my hands on (15 years and older), I have not come across any that were not at least still functional. A couple were getting close where the manifold meets the cook box, but were still serviceable at the point I got a hold of them. I think the Viking is considered on the higher end of the grill spectrum and it would strange to see something like a "rusted out manifold" to the point it no longer was functional on a grill that was not at least a decade old regardless of the design of the manifold.

The grill is about 7 years old and has been outside uncovered the entire time. I asked him to try and get me some pictures. I'll post them if he sends them

I've been posting in the gasser forum for about a year. I don't recall seeing any flippers/rehabbers in SoCal. I know there are some other guys from SoCal on here picking up rehab candidates, but I don't recall ever seeing the finished product for sale. I dont' know if this was a flip or the dude is selling his own grill. It's a Silver C and he did a very nice job cleaning it up. It doesn't look like much of anything (except flavors) was replaced, not even the firebox bolt.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/for/d/sylmar-weber-genesis-silver/7150879626.html

00f0f_5zk0dVopc9X_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_dLWBVDANpxe_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

$275 seems like a good price, but it's been listed for over a week.

So, what are you going to offer him? :ROFLMAO:
A golf clap? 👏👏👏

I'm sad he hasn't gotten that price. That grill is infinitely better than a similarly priced piece of made in China garbage from Lowe's/HD that will rust out within a year, even here in SoCal.

I think the older Webers appeal mostly to older people. The younger folks have microwave and toaster ovens and air fryers, and BBQing takes too much time away from online activities like gaming and social media.

I think the older Webers appeal mostly to older people. The younger folks have microwave and toaster ovens and air fryers, and BBQing takes too much time away from online activities like gaming and social media.

Here's a grill for those hipsters:

This has been my experience as well. Almost all my buyers were in their 50s or older. Mostly retired folks who knew these grills from decades ago. I can't say that they young folks don't like to grill but the newer SS design seems to be more appealing to them.
I had one younger buyer once wanting to buy a S330 from me until she found out it was too wide for her balcony. I told her I had a smaller Genesis 1000 as well but she did not like that old design.

I think the older Weber grills do appeal to the older crowd. Younger folks that do barbecue probably just want a grill that doesn't look like something their grandpa cooked on. Like you mentioned, I think that's how the stainless steel grills have become so popular.

I think the older Weber grills do appeal to the older crowd. Younger folks that do barbecue probably just want a grill that doesn't look like something their grandpa cooked on. Like you mentioned, I think that's how the stainless steel grills have become so popular.
So you're saying our lovely old Webers are minivans or station wagons???o_O

Back