I will just leave this here

Thanks Rich. Any idea what year it's from? I just got up to speed on gassers, so my kettle knowledge is thin.

Even though the performer is a charcoal grill, if it has gas assist it will have a serial number where the charcoal kettles will have a date code on the vent. The serial number will be on the back side of the grill located at the table end.
The first two letters on the serial number will be the date code. Mine is AU making it a 2012

EH: 1994
EO: 1995
ER: 1996
EI: 1997
EZ: 1998
EE: 1999
DD: 2000
DA: 2001
DU: 2002
DT: 2003
DH: 2004
DO: 2005
DR: 2006
DI: 2007
DZ: 2008
DE: 2009
AD: 2010
AA: 2011
AU: 2012
AT: 2013
AH: 2014
AO: 2015
AR: 2016
AI: 2017
AZ: 2018
AE: 2019

With nothing left but parts left from a donor, I cleaned up a redhead top. There's some chipping at the bottom right front, but the top itself shined up nice.

Ordered some Krylon Brown high heat and going to experiment with the parts I have left (frame, firebox and lid).

Just have to share some frustration; I ordered the wrong inserts (1.5 inches) for my 5000 project, and with about a month delivery for new ones I won't be using it before
spring now.

Winter is coming. My own dumb fault:)

My crafty wife made a couple of things for me this week
to hang in the grill area of the new deck we built this summer.

I finally came up with a name for this grill flipping thing I do.

bL2bAIKl.jpg

She made me a couple of shirts also. I will be judging my first
KCBS BBQ contest next Saturday, and will wear one proudly.

I had an old end cap without a mate, so she put this one to use.

qDmYEfkl.jpg

I don't know. My guess is that they are original parts. That valve control knob on the extra burner is too well integrated. I also seem to remember grills with those handles on the front of the side tables as well, but nothing quite like the one in the add.

Has anyone else seen a Weber like that one before?

Hey guys/gals, does it seem like the flipping business is in a lull right now. I am not getting a lot of interest in my latest offering and I am not seeing very many flip candidates hitting CL and FB MP the last couple weeks. I don't remember a slow down like this last summer until after labor day. Is everyone just waiting for the end of season sales at this point?

How have things been going in everyone else's area?

Not a lot of good deals showing up in my area. The ones that do show up are snatched up pretty quick. I guess I could have had a chance at some of them but I told myself I'm not buying anymore until I clear out some of what I have. But I do see a lot of already rehaed grills for sale and they're not moving. I'm starting to wonder if so many of us are fixing them up that the market is getting overcrowded. And with other people fixing them up the good deals are harder to come by. At least that's my area.

Slow here too. No older Gennys available lately, but lots of later model Spirits for some reason. I've had a real nice E320 up for sale for a week now, and only one nibble.

Hey guys/gals, does it seem like the flipping business is in a lull right now. I am not getting a lot of interest in my latest offering and I am not seeing very many flip candidates hitting CL and FB MP the last couple weeks. I don't remember a slow down like this last summer until after labor day. Is everyone just waiting for the end of season sales at this point?

How have things been going in everyone else's area?

I didn’t get much response when I listed a very nice Silver A, but one of the few did buy it.

I see some decent deals in a fifty mile radius around me. I am saying “no” because I already have too many projects and a road trip planned for next Saturday. I did see what looks to be a green sidewinder, my favorite of the newer grills in my favorite color, not far away, asking $125. I may have to at least look at that one. If it isn’t a rust bucket inside I will be tempted to make an offer. Meanwhile a good number of 300s, Silver and Golds and lots of Q’s. The latter have the widest price variations from cheap to ridiculous.

I don’t see any real nicely restored grills for sale in my locale.

Hey guys/gals, does it seem like the flipping business is in a lull right now.

Bruce, this is what I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Things are down for sure in my area also.
It is darned tough to acquire anything new right now. Luckily I have a decent supply of good stuff
on hand, and this will give me a chance to get rid of few old dogs that I have been ignoring as well.
I am not overly concerned about the slowdown right now, as it has been a really good summer, and
this is likely just a small market correction. Labor Day is fast approaching and that should increase
supply and demand as always. Folks can't go forever without buying and selling. Even Eskimos need
ice at some point.

I agree. It just seems strange as I don't remember a lull like this during the regular summer months in past years. And Jon brings up a good point, I am seeing a lot more Q grills lately than I normally see. Some decent prices, some are being listed higher than you can buy them new.

Dave: like you, this is not really a bad thing for me either as it is forcing me to clear out some of my older stock which I still have plenty of. I am sure things will liven up a bit during and after labor day with people taking advantage of the end of season sales.

Back