I will just leave this here

I hope it picks up, there hasn't been one gen X000, 3XX locally or in Phoenix (200 mile rt) almost all year. I need to find one for my daughter. Lots of leftover new gens from the crash last fall that still haven't sold, but that's about it.

Here is another monster grill along the lines of the Lynx project I have yet to finish. What looks to be a really nice Viking chassis but in need of all internal stuff being replaced. No, I won’t bite. No more room or time, but interesting nonetheless...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1338248179663972/

I hate that they list it as free but in the ad, they say “best offer”. I would send her a response asking if it’s still available and if so, you can pay me $200 to haul it away for you.

Bill, yah, I see lots of those adds that come up as Free or $0 but when you open the add and read it, they are asking $150.

Damn that Viking looks like it would be a really cool project. It's the same grill you would have seen in Bobby Flay's grilling series

I am not real familiar with the Summits, but the handle and that thermometer certainly don't quite look right. Those burner knobs look like they are "well done" too.

I am not real familiar with the Summits, but the handle and that thermometer certainly don't quite look right.

I think they're OK, at least similar to this one-
DEmLX3O.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2297340437192885/

Chris-no way you cook on that! You must do nothing but clean on it :)

Makes me feel bad about grills I describe as "clean" when selling them.

I think they're OK, at least similar to this one-
DEmLX3O.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2297340437192885/

Ralph, funny that you posted this. I saw it earlier and was about to post it here also.
Guy calls it a propane grill. I guess that natural gas hose hanging off the front is strictly for decoration.

Chris, that is a fantastic looking grill. It's no wonder those old Summits are few and far between.
MSRP over 3K almost 20 years ago. WOW!

Last edited:
What’s the story on these old Summits? This looks like it’s been modified?

https://offerup.com/item/detail/734790930/

That grill is an older 1st gen Summit. They were some of the best grills Weber ever made but sadly in Weber fashion they failed to support it even through the warranty period. That particular model is a rare open cart unit. I think called a 425. It IS a propane grill noted by the scale and tank on the side. The only way I would give him $60 is if it has the heavy SS rod grates still in it and they're intact. I would buy it for that and throw the rest in the junk heap as that particular grill is toast

That particular model is a rare open cart unit. I think called a 425.
Good catch! I didn't notice the open cart. You're right, Model 425 was open cart, Model 450 was with storage cabinet, Model 475 was built-in. There was also 625, 650, and 675.

These grills were around from 1998 to 2002. By 2002, the Weber gas grill catalog shows only 450/475 and 650/675...the open cart version was no longer available.

gjovZZj.jpg

I would like to get my paws on one of those in good condition. I have to admit Chris I know you use your grills and they always look out of the box new. I find it harder and harder to keep up with the maintenance on my ten Weber's. Must be time to down size.

Good catch! I didn't notice the open cart. You're right, Model 425 was open cart, Model 450 was with storage cabinet, Model 475 was built-in. There was also 625, 650, and 675.

These grills were around from 1998 to 2002. By 2002, the Weber gas grill catalog shows only 450/475 and 650/675...the open cart version was no longer available.

gjovZZj.jpg

Maybe that old Summit WOULD be worth salvaging. Certainly would take a LOT of work...

What is anyone here's take on the bottom they are showing in the illustration Chris kindly posted? Do you think it is a stainless flat piece with edges?

Chris

That is one beautiful grill. Added to my Craigslist searches...;) = 1 in a million chance to find one in good shape.

B75fzHC.jpg

Back