I will just leave this here

Stefan: Great score and yes, I had a problem with one of the frame extension expansion joints where the weld failed as well. I did what Jon did and used some concealed screws.

That would make a great grilling cart, but I want you to consider that it is about the best frame you will ever come across for a Weber grill. You can easily swap in a different cook box and lid and everything else, but that frame is the key to a "forever" grill. I sold mine for $370. If not, you will have a forever grilling table. :)
Bruce I already have another forever grill. Love that term by the way. This is my second Platinum frame.
The other one is this one:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qB6S5YJjeScVoNts8

Would help Stefan if you would use the Imagr app and post the actual photo. Chasing links around is kind of a PIA so honestly I don't even bother unless it's a link to a CL ad or some such. Sorry

Almost all of us have settled in on https://imgur.com/ because it's the easiest one to actually have photos show up on posts with. Until or when the forum ever gets the ability to simply post a photo inline it's about the only one. I know some insist on just posting photo "links" but I have given up trying to chase those down and simply pass those posts by. Too much trouble to remember to "open link in new tab or window" or having the link over ride where you're at and than having to backspace and such. So I've taken the attitude that if the photo is showing up great if not I don't bother

Almost all of us have settled in on https://imgur.com/ because it's the easiest one to actually have photos show up on posts with. Until or when the forum ever gets the ability to simply post a photo inline it's about the only one. I know some insist on just posting photo "links" but I have given up trying to chase those down and simply pass those posts by. Too much trouble to remember to "open link in new tab or window" or having the link over ride where you're at and than having to backspace and such. So I've taken the attitude that if the photo is showing up great if not I don't bother

Yeah, and some of those sites are dodgy, trying to mess up my computer. Haven't had that problem with Imgur. I agree with Larry, if the photos don't show up I typically move along.

Stefan, my guess is that grill will be there a week from now and the guy might accept a more reasonable offer, like $75.

Uhhh Ohhh guys, I am working on a sub $50 SS Platinum as well. Only problem is that it would be about 220 mile drive each way.

And I just made a deal to pick it up Friday evening for $25.

HLyMdr1.jpg

Nn7mIyR.jpg

Z9UxX3q.jpg

Yah, but I will visit my folks on the way up, have dinner and stay over at my sisters where the grill is, then maybe even stop back at the folks again on the way home. Probably a bit over $60 driving the truck, but it helps combining the trip. Plus, as a bonus, I get to tell my sister that I always have to come up to visit her and she won't come visit me. hahaha.

OK, I have a couple questions about this grill. First, is it a Genesis 500 or 700 or something. It is basically a wood shelf Genesis 1000 with only two burners.

Second, that looks like a Weber Handle grill out light. Are those things adjustable or did they make them for both two burners and three burners?

HSrI48X.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I have a couple questions about this grill. First, is it a Genesis 500 or 700 or something. It is basically a wood shelf Genesis 1000 with only two burners.

Second, that looks like a Weber Handle grill out light. Are those things adjustable or did they make them for both two burners and three burners?

Forget to include a pic?

Yah, but I will visit my folks on the way up, have dinner and stay over at my sisters where the grill is, then maybe even stop back at the folks again on the way home. Probably a bit over $60 driving the truck, but it helps combining the trip. Plus, as a bonus, I get to tell my sister that I always have to come up to visit her and she won't come visit me. hahaha.

Good excuse for a grill road trip! I can't talk because I drove even further last Saturday. (More on that later. Right now another stupid hurricane is potentially bearing down on us:mad:.)

If you ditch the Platinum lid and gray stuff on this one, my vote is for you to put one of those Skyline hoods on the stainless frame and use black control panel and trim parts. I think the black and stainless will look really sharp.

Yah, Jon, lots of options floating around in my mind. Even one where that thing with the "non-faded" skyline lid makes it into my garage as a keeper. But, another $350 plus payday sounds great too. I may even get my new welder in on the act to fab in the new cross members. I have a couple other grills to finish before I get to this one, so it might even have to wait until next year as our season is going to end soon up here. I have maybe a month left max.

By the way, that grill is a free curb side pickup but it is 90 miles away and I won't be going through the area until Friday morning. I will grab that handle light if I can, but doubt the grill will still be there then.

Last edited:

Back