I will just leave this here

The Q320 was $40 and I put nothing into it. THe grates were used maybe two or three times. Just cleaned it up and repainted the lid and cookbox. So that was about $135 profit after subtracting for supplies.

The E210 Spirit was free, but needed a new manifold. I got that for $70 from Weber and did a little work on a bent piece and just cleaned up the rest of the grill. tubes, flavo bars and CI grates were in great shape. So, basically that was $150 profit with little labor.

The Franken Grill sold for $370 but was much harder to determine profit wise. The original SS frame was from a 2005 Platinum. But I had to replace the tables with some from a Summit, lid from a Genesis 1000 handle from a Silver B, wire rack from a Gold C and end handles from the Summit. But, basically, those parts were all spares or from grills that cost me nothing. I also added three extra stainless steel frame pieces since I removed the cabinet bottom, sides and doors. So I will call that about $50. Then I had new SS grates, Flavorizer Bars and burners and a new igniter. So that was about $90 total. I guess that was probably a profit of $150, but I had a lot more time invested in that grill than the others.

I guess I had a profit of around $400 or so not including my time and effort. But, I think on these grills, I think I at least made more per hour for my time than the 17 year old flipping burgers at McDonalds.

The added benefit is that I cleared up some storage space that was completely out of.

I have to admit that the majority of people out there want to see the more modern styles of grills, but there are quite a few out there that have had the Genesis X000 grills and the Silver B's and know those old ones are all about and just how good they really are.

For a decent silver B or Genesis 1000, I pretty much expect at least $250 around here.

Last edited:
Stefan, Have you done any Q grills yet?

Bruce I have done one. No work needed since it was a brand new Q2200 ans never used. But even that took about 2 weeks to sell.
Today I bought a slightly used Q2200 for $40. Great condition. The seller posted the grill over a week ago and no one had claimed it yet. So let’s see how long this one sits after after I cleaned and posted it.

Also when I posted my S320 I had a lady who was interested in it. But she figured out that it was too large for her apartment balcony I told her that I have a an older smaller Genesis 1000 in work. She did not want that because it was too old style. Meaning going forward if I am to continue restoring grills it would be the newer styles. Sidewinder and newer.

Yah, I did two or three E3xx grills last summer and they all went for over $300. Definitely will get a better price for a rehab on them, but it is still hard to find candidates for a good price and when you do, the cabinet is generally a rust fest.

I just wanted to announce that I had a great week with grills this week.

Congrats, Bruce. Send some of that good fortune down my way.
The market here has gone to pot.
I was grumbling Friday night with another local guy about the weak market here lately. I sold the 330's
last week relatively easy for $400. However the 3 front control 310's I have are not getting any interest
except low ball offers in the $100 to $150 range. I have 3 22.5 WSM's that are normally sold in a day
that no one has interest in, many others out there available, and the market for them is just DEAD right now
all due in part to pellet grills.

Yah, I was worried about the time of year being an issue as well. It might be. I didn't get a lot of contacts about my grills. I had one or two low ball offers, but otherwise, they were ready to buy. One thing I am kind of happy about is that I think I have had only one instance in three years of rehabbing grills where a potential customer came out to look at the grills and didn't walk away with one. I have come to kind of count on selling a grill if they actually come out to see them. And, it kind of amazes me how some of them commit to buying the grills before they actually see them in person.

I have to admit that the majority of people out there want to see the more modern styles of grills, but there are quite a few out there that have had the Genesis X000 grills and the Silver B's and know those old ones are all about and just how good they really are.

Sorry to hear that the older grills are not selling well. I don’t know anything about the silver B. Are they similar to the X000 grills? That is, deep firebox and 13 flavor bars?

That's awesome Bruce. I can't find the motivation to work on anything. Last weekend was 107 outside. Today is going to be 100. I may not get any work done until September or October.

Bill, the Silver B's are what came after the X000 grills. They only have one row of 5 flavorizer bars, shallower cook box and they have the thermoset tables instead of the wood and durawood on the X000 grills. Otherwise, they are very similar.

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome Bruce. I can't find the motivation to work on anything. Last weekend was 107 outside. Today is going to be 100. I may not get any work done until September or October.

Jason, don't get discouraged. When you are loving the grill rehabbing weather, it will be 15 degrees here.

Pellet Grills and the rehab grill market

Congrats, Bruce. Send some of that good fortune down my way.
The market here has gone to pot.
I was grumbling Friday night with another local guy about the weak market here lately... I have 3 22.5 WSM's that are normally sold in a day that no one has interest in, many others out there available, and the market for them is just DEAD right now all due in part to pellet grills.

Bruce is really killing it. Market here in South Florida is pretty quiet based on little response to my nice Silver A and other grills I see others have listed for some time now. Late summer is miserable here and I figure that most people who needed a grill already got one. It does look like maybe I have a buyer at $225 for my Silver A. It turned out so pretty that I thought it would do better. On to a wood slat x000. I am hoping I am right that there is a better market here for them than what Stefan has found. I have yet to see one really nice one of those for sale here. Time will tell - if I ever get one done:rolleyes:.

Dave,
Very interesting comment about pellet grills. Right before I stumbled into the Rec Tec I bought barely used, I had done a nice restoration of a ‘00 flat-top 26” using a 304 stainless grate made by Mark Baron of KillaGrilla. It was going to be my personal go to for ribs or other large bbq cooks. I have yet to use it and probably will be selling it - with a broken heart - if I can get enough $ for it.

m8o1zs.jpg

2a8joco.jpg

The pellet grill is just so much easier and has huge capacity. I am sure a true bbq expert could tell the difference, but for me my Rec Tec pellet grill turns out consistently excellent results with lots of fun options for different flavors of wood. Pretty easy to clean, too. So, I guess I am an example of what you mentioned.

P.s. Based on your recommendation, I have some Lumberjack Char Hickory and Cherry waiting in the wings for my next try with brisket.

Last edited:
There aren't any 000s or ABCs around here for me to rehab. Well, there is a 1000 priced at 30.00, but its a complete rust bucket and they turned down my offer of 10.00. :D

I think there's a market for nicer slat grills, just none around.

There do seem to be lots of reasonable priced E/S 300s popping up.

That is a Silver B. Shallower box and 5 flavorizer bars. Grates are the same as x000 grills though. Lids are interchangable as well. That looks like a pretty good silver b for $40. However, my guess is that the grates, flavorizer bars and maybe burners will need replacing. Also, with both Genesis X000 grills and Silver/Gold B/C grills, you have to worry about the cross member on the frame where the cook box bolts to it on the left side. THat area is prone to rusting out bad.

How does this compare to the earlier Genesis 1000s? Are most/some of parts interchangeable?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac..._pdp&hoisted_item=454784255072477&query=weber

Looks to be in pretty good shape. I'm not a huge fan of those tables, but...

Back