I will just leave this here

What's the deal with this one?

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/app/d/buffalo-grove-weber-natural-gas-grill/6941618575.html

I nearly looked right over it but then noticed the frame looks odd and there's a condiment basket on the side? Is this a fixed-mount frame or something?

{edit}
Picture in case listing is removed:
ShBeY61.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of unfamiliar looking things on that grill. Almost looks like he took
the grill and the top frame member and mounted it to a non-Weber frame.

Dave, I think that is exactly what he did. Either the swing table or side shelf is laying on the ground behind it. That guy will be lucky if someone hauls it away for free. I would be afraid the darn thing would tip over with that small base.

Did a quick look at Weber.com, and sure enough, it's not a cobble job... as I suspected, it's a permanent mount Silver.

LdUXjCd.png

(I have no interest in this thing; just thought the unusual base and condiment basket were interesting)

Did a quick look at Weber.com, and sure enough, it's not a cobble job... as I suspected, it's a permanent mount Silver.

LdUXjCd.png

(I have no interest in this thing; just thought the unusual base and condiment basket were interesting)

Well that’s yet another new one to me! I wish we could get that condiment shelf for Bruce.

Jon, I already did contact the guy about shipping just the condiment rack. I think the guy is going to have a heck of time selling the grill itself.

But, wow, I never would have guessed that was a factory weber frame. But, now I can understand the small base.

Last edited:
That one you guys are calling a cobble job is not a cobble it is a special frame made for mounting inside a cabinet for an outdoor kitchen. The Summit series grills were all available with this type of frame as well

I think I will start airbrushing starters and forget the grill rehab thing! More money in it. My artist friend could probably make almost anyone "appear":coolkettle:!

Yah, I hear ya there Jon. But, I would rather bring a 25 year old Weber grill back to life than an 80 year old rock star.

Come on baby, light my fire...

It is a pretty ironic thing for Jim Morrison's image to "appear" on, I have to say.

Last edited:

Back