I will just leave this here

Just be careful with rust in the cabinet. This is where they like to rust. But otherwise they are great grills.
Just restored one which I am trying to sell now.

Fornutately no real rust on this one, I was lucky. When restoring these, do you clean the inside of the lid to shiny? Also do you know the paint color for the firebox?

Surely I can wedge a Genny in there....!

Ve4ntJN.jpg

I have the same grill except it's an E320 ng. I really am very pleased with it's performance. We use it as an outdoor oven in the summer to keep the heat out of the house. Mine is a 2007 and still has the original grates and FBs which are still like new.
It cooks really well and I've never had any flareups.
You won't be sorry if you keep it.

Fornutately no real rust on this one, I was lucky. When restoring these, do you clean the inside of the lid to shiny? Also do you know the paint color for the firebox?

Cleaning inside of the lid to shiny is not possible. The inside liner is made of some sort of galvanized steel and the grease seems to burn into it. Unless you remove the liner and leave the outer skin only which you can polish inside. But I recommend not doing this since the SS skin will discolor very badly.
And as for for the color I have not found a matching grey high heat paint which matches the Weber color. Weber does not sell it and will not release the RAL code either. I have used black on mine.
Someone here used that paint:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CPINBG/tvwb-20
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?78...igh-heat-paint&p=859440&viewfull=1#post859440

Cleaning inside of the lid to shiny is not possible. The inside liner is made of some sort of galvanized steel and the grease seems to burn into it. Unless you remove the liner and leave the outer skin only which you can polish inside. But I recommend not doing this since the SS skin will discolor very badly.
And as for for the color I have not found a matching grey high heat paint which matches the Weber color. Weber does not sell it and will not release the RAL code either. I have used black on mine.
Someone here used that paint:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000CPINBG/tvwb-20
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?78...igh-heat-paint&p=859440&viewfull=1#post859440

Thank you! That paint seem to match well enough. I don't intend to do much other than clean it this season, the ss grates looks like new and everything works for once, but next summer when I'm not attending a 6-week math class at university I'll paint the box and make her look like new:)

I have the same grill except it's an E320 ng. I really am very pleased with it's performance. We use it as an outdoor oven in the summer to keep the heat out of the house. Mine is a 2007 and still has the original grates and FBs which are still like new.
It cooks really well and I've never had any flareups.
You won't be sorry if you keep it.

I've cooked on one a few times, and noticed the same - just works really well. Also the grates looks like slightly thinner rcplanebyer grates, good for another 20 years at least. I'm keeping it for this season at least, but when the 5000 is done I have a tough choice:)

I messaged the seller twice this morning and was on my way to his house and he sold it. Was not happy. Apparently he cleans out houses and had a supply of grills. Despite my displeasure with how the deal transpired, I left with this $30 grill. The manifold looks rusty. Firebox looks to be in good shape. The side tray and parts are in a bag. I spent quite a bit restoring a Genesis 2000 "Green", so might be thrifty when restoring this guy.

LAn9ygf

vKzmIeJ

SXuJur9

s0Mh1sE

The serial number is gone. Any insight on what year, model grill I'm looking at is appreciated. As always, any sage advice on restoration is greatly appreciated. My green Genesis is just a handle away from being completed. What an absolute fun ride it was bring it back to life.

https://imgur.com/a/7tzBgjP

OH, crap, you just joined the SKYLINE club. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those lids are the unicorns of the Weber Gasser forum. It is a mid to late 90's Genesis 1000. Hopefully that lid cleans right up and you won't have the dreaded fade on the top of the lid.
You got a better deal on that grill than the other grill would have been.

That is a 99-‘00 Genesis 1000 “Skyline” grill made exclusively for Sears stores. Black hood is always suspect. The hoods have a bad fade in the porcelain on 50% of what you find out there. The Skylines have a cult following by some on our forum. Disinterest by others. I say “If the hood’s good,” go for it!

Provided the frame is in good shape, the biggest issue in rehabbing that grill will be replacing the durawood tables and bottom wire rack. You are missing the left side table and swing table and the bottom wire rack. They are way too expensive to replace with new parts if you can even find them, but, fortunately, the parts are still common on curb alert free grills and other beings sold real cheap. You might be able to find the durawood slats and brackets for the tables from someone on this list as well for a reasonable price.

Back