I will just leave this here

Nope, never heard of it. But, a quick look at their website and a YouTube video leads me to believe that these are not cheap copies but rather high quality German made kettles (that definitely use Weber ideas). They have two sizes; this smaller on between and 18 and a 22 and then a ~24 that falls between a Weber 22 and 26. I was especially impressed with the venting design that seems a lot more precise than Weber's kettle sweep/vent combination. I also like the hinge for the lid. This might be a decent deal for someone who values this. Still really pricey, which is probably why we haven't seen or heard about them here.

Flash update: I just read that Rosle closed their German factory and that new Rosles are made in China:mad:. Familiar story. The article said that they haven't gotten good reviews since then and that there is an active market in used German-made Rosle grills.

Last edited:
RÖSLE is a well-known brand of kitchen utensil, many available at Sur La Table. I was not aware of their other products, including grills. That zigzag support structure in interesting!

Rösle is a very reputable brand in Europe. From what I have read in the German forums their grills surpass the Weber kettles in regards to quality. In Europe Weber is selling their grills for way more what they charge here and other companies like Rösle are jumping on the bandwagon with better quality.

Yea, but note the complaint that they have farmed out to Chinese production with unfavorable reviews since then.

Sam,
I have seen some of those in a larger size. They are supposed to be very good and use a different type of heating diffusion involving ceramic rods. For free, if you have time for an adventure it might be an interesting project. The body I think is all good stainless and they are not an orphan brand so other parts should be available.

Ya Jon, I'm interested in it but I don't think I have the time and funds for it so I'm not going to pursue it now. If it's still available say after the holiday weekend then it's game on.

Sam that grill is a cook grill BUT it is WEIRD. It uses lava rock in a rack with a cross way burner set up similar to a "real" Genesis. It will have long flexible gas pipes running under the grill head and if you want to use rotisserie the whole lava rock bed and burners tilt up and to the back. Parts non existent BTW. Now there is a later version and (this may be one) that is more conventional and uses either ceramic rods or heat tents with ceramic briquettes

Back