I will just leave this here

Sam that grill is a cook grill BUT it is WEIRD. It uses lava rock in a rack with a cross way burner set up similar to a "real" Genesis. It will have long flexible gas pipes running under the grill head and if you want to use rotisserie the whole lava rock bed and burners tilt up and to the back. Parts non existent BTW. Now there is a later version and (this may be one) that is more conventional and uses either ceramic rods or heat tents with ceramic briquettes

Thanks LM. Yah, I doubt I'll get the grill now. I don't really have the time to work on it and I don't need a money pit to boot.

Anyone seen a control panel like this before?

4a59be8e825943a09bda21271bf2e751.jpg

Anyone seen a control panel like this before?

4a59be8e825943a09bda21271bf2e751.jpg

Yes, it looks like a Spirit grill immediately after Weber went from the Silver/Gold/Platinums to the first generation 300 series (2007 - knick-named here "Sidewinder"). These Spirits were dumbed down Genesis Silvers and they made the control panel with that ultra-stripped down look. These grills, I believe, were also the first ones for which Weber outsourced manufacturing to China.

Yes, it looks like a Spirit grill immediately after Weber went from the Silver/Gold/Platinums to the first generation 300 series (2007 - knick-named here "Sidewinder"). These Spirits were dumbed down Genesis Silvers and they made the control panel with that ultra-stripped down look. These grills, I believe, were also the first ones for which Weber outsourced manufacturing to China.

Jon is correct. There's also a Spirit 2-burner version that has a similar control panel. Also, there are no swing shelves on the Spirits of this vintage.

They did also make one with a side burner on the left hand side in lieu of the work table, that one is somewhat interesting.

Couple points on that. First, I don't think it can be both NG and Propane compatible without modifications. Second, it says igniter uses a AA battery....Nope, not the one in the photo. THat is a Piezo igniter and I think it would be a AAA battery anyway.

Looks to me the guy selling it doesn't really know much about it.

These brush cups are dirt cheap from Harbor Freight, but they sure don't last long.

w2QFc3Kl.jpg

I did a bit of cleaning in the garage yesterday. I keep a bucket next to my workbench that I
toss scrap metal in for recycling and I have used up these 7 since Xmas when I last emptied
the bucket.

Wow, and you used them up completely. I usually toss them before the bristles get that short.

If the fire box is in good shape that Summit would be killer. Even if not the grates alone are worth every penny

I personally have no need for such a big grill. I even don't use my Platinum C that much any more because my Q-1200 often has enough grilling space for the 4 of us or because I use one of my kettles.

These brush cups are dirt cheap from Harbor Freight, but they sure don't last long.

w2QFc3Kl.jpg

I did a bit of cleaning in the garage yesterday. I keep a bucket next to my workbench that I
toss scrap metal in for recycling and I have used up these 7 since Xmas when I last emptied
the bucket.

How much are brand name cups?

I think I have a Porter-Cable angle grinder coming to me for Father's Day, and I am open for attachment suggestions.

Back