I will just leave this here

Killer! That grill deserves a chance to live on. Broilmaster actually makes it very easy to convert from NG to LP. That has the stainless base but then cool touches like the old Weber looking wood slat table and side-burner. My wife is thankful it is across the continent from me:rolleyes:! I wish, I wish...

The answer on how much a Summit weighs is. They weigh A LOT but they're easier to move than a Genesis because of how easily the old 1st gen ones break down. The lid comes off, than it's a simple matter to separate the grill body from the cart and now it's fairly easy

I AM DONE DANCING.

4P496mul.jpg

Those marks on my concrete driveway are the results of dropping the angle grinder/wire cup brush attached
twice last week. I am not a particularly clumsy person, but I have had this happen about once a month for
a couple of years. Every time it happens, after doing my best tap dance, and a whole lot of cursing, I swear
I am going to me more careful, and that I will also buy a new grinder with a paddle switch. Every time I get
more attentive and careful for a while, never buy one with a paddle switch, only to have it happen again.
It is seriously a miracle that I have not done some serious damage to myself or some property.
I am not very fond of dancing, and I really suck it also. As of today, I am done.

Yeah, buddy!

5SAQW73l.jpg

Dave,

Even with a paddle switch these things can really get you! A week ago last Saturday when I was working to help my church with their grills out at our rural property I was using the exact grinder you have pictured. I guess I got careless because it got away from me. That thing tore my wrist pretty good! It is still healing over a week and a half later. While I have always worn leather gloves (and eye/ear protection + dust mask) I am switching to long elbow length thick gloves from now on.

I got two Harbor Freight gift cards for my birthday a while back and "splurged" on the HF Hercules 11 amp grinder with a paddle switch - on sale of course. That thing really has some power. I have used it without the handle, but after last week I think I will use that one with the handle on as much as I can. It gets in the way but so does a torn up wrist (or knee...I have done that, too:mad:!)

wlpqa8.jpg

Last edited:
Done that dance several times. There should be a name for it.
The Dewalt grinder with the paddle switch was one of my best investments. But, as jon has metioned, the darn things can find other ways to jump up and bite you.

That HF Hercules is the exact one I am contemplating. Just used my el cheapo HF one yesterday with a cutoff wheel to slice off the 1/2" carriage stainless bolts I used to bolt the wheel weights onto my tractor. They were too long and the scars on my legs where they've been biting me when I get off the machine were bothering me so off they came. It protested a little trying to cut through that tough steel but it did the job

Stephan: With cancer like that bottom panel has, I would be worried the cross members and maybe bottom of legs will be in bad shape as well.

But, yah, the black knobs and end caps are unicorns for sure.

Just an off topic question: Why is it that on Mother's day adds, everything is marked down 50 -70% and on Father's day adds, it is only 10 - 15%.

Back