I will just leave this here

I tried that, but with my small tools at home it did not work. I ended up getting mine welded at a local welding shop.

I believe someone here posted about using the stainless screw fix successfully. Stainless brings corrosion resistance but it also is more brittle and I guess harder to weld than regular steel. I think these reasons contribute to the failure of the extension pieces on those Platinum grills, but it is still better than the typical Silver or Gold that has them - usually full of rust and fused to the end pieces.

If it has a side burner, it'd be a Genesis 3. 60+ miles is a long drive, but that side burner with the stainless area is kind of cool.

Minneapolis must be old Weber heaven! You guys are killing this guy struggling to break my Weber Collectoritous addiction:eek:! I would love to get that one or at least the side burner, wheels and other unique parts from it.

Haha, I missed that! Gotcha now. That grill looks like one screw came out, and the people selling it paid to have it assembled.

This one just showed up. Not sure what brand it is but it looks kinda cool.
pnzQwXwwj

Back in the 50's and most of the 60's this was a true BBQ. There was a rotisserie kit that went on the hood and you would bank the coals and move the wind screen appropriately. The cooking grate was awful as you could drop an entire chicken leg through it to the fire, if something suck getting it off was impossible as it would just spin around, they were plain chrome plated steel and rusty was the order of the day. Life was good

Yea, I remember my dad having one just like it in the mid fifties. The metal was slightly thicker than tin foil. And the spinning grate brought many not so nice words about it from my father. Living in the burbs of Chicago it just sat uncovered in the winter the bowl full of snow. The second summer my dad went to use it and the bottom of the bowl fell out from rust when he put the coals in. It was the last grill he ever owned.

Bruce, don't give up faith in that one yet.
That ad wreaks of an owner that is not all that concerned
about selling the grill in a hurry. One pic, cheap price,
actually listed a phone #.

LOL @ LM and Rich.

Back