I will just leave this here

I would consider all but the Spirit for rehab purposes. Stephan, are you not interested in any of those?

Geez Stefan, isn't that one of those SS frame Summits? I think you are going to catch some flak on that one.

I think need to contact the guy about the Summit. I already have one and I have been thinking of taking another of these frames and convert it into an outdoor work/food prep table. Rip out all the grill stuff and a add a table top.

That is not a Summit it's a Genesis but sadly it is missing a pretty much unattainable part the left side table or I would be all over that like white on rice

Yah, right guys. I have never seen either a Summit or Platinum in the wild, so to me they kind of get grouped into that "other Weber" category.

It’s a little rough but the stainless frame alone would be worth the trip. With effort it could also be restored, maybe as an open cart alternative.

Jon, I would probably grab that grill. Although it looks like it has some structural issues, it is free. And if nothing else, I would love those black end caps and knobs along with several other parts. If the frame was still good, then that would be awesome.

But at 200 plus miles, it is not feasible and I wouldn't ask my sister to try to pick that up for me.

Oh boy, there have been some real gems on Boston CL:

Only $50 but LOL at the frame

00q0q_lUOEa5zv4IT_1200x900.jpg

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/app/d/arlington-weber-genesis-restored-grill/6890121062.html

$750 and it comes with a Spirit lid

00a0a_32FWVKsGXoE_1200x900.jpg

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/app/d/vintage-iconic-weber-genesis-grill/6889106617.html

Jon, I would probably grab that grill. Although it looks like it has some structural issues, it is free. And if nothing else, I would love those black end caps and knobs along with several other parts. If the frame was still good, then that would be awesome.

But at 200 plus miles, it is not feasible and I wouldn't ask my sister to try to pick that up for me.

Yah, if the cabinet is all rusted out (which I think it is) then the hardest part, I think, would be is obtaining a wire rack for that specific grill because I believe Weber has discontinued that item AFAIK. The frame should still be good as it is stainless but the cabinet components, probably not so good.

Back