I will just leave this here

It might be an easy flip. But I have so many other projects planned. Plus it Is NG. They don’t sell well here. Only the newer houses do have NG and these owners are are younger crowd looking for more modern grills. I had to convert the only NG grill I had to propane because no one wanted it in an NG version.

There are some unique models, I'll give you that, but I would give them all up for a 5000 or a 1st gen Summit;) As it is, I've bought the only redhead I've ever seen here and am happy with it.

Didnt catch the seethru cover. Thats neat! I'll see if I can figure out what makes it professional when I pick it up. Looks to be in good shape.

These are actually ventilation slots. There is one in the back and one in the front. These are the old style covers Weber no longer makes. They were great covers. They are heavy and sturdy. And this cover looks to be in great shape. But there is no heat in Norway which slowly destroys these. Here in Texas the summer temps regularly go beyond 40 degree Celsius for weeks and the constant sun slowly deteriorates these covers.

These are actually ventilation slots. There is one in the back and one in the front. These are the old style covers Weber no longer makes. They were great covers. They are heavy and sturdy. And this cover looks to be in great shape. But there is no heat in Norway which slowly destroys these. Here in Texas the summer temps regularly go beyond 40 degree Celsius for weeks and the constant sun slowly deteriorates these covers.

Very good quality, I agree. I have a '98 1000 here with its original cover, I had to repair a small tear near the bottom of it - otherwise it is fine. I also have a year-old cover (weber premium) that has started to develop holes already. Next one I'm making myself from some raincoat fabric or something.

Jon I have both the old and new covers and by far the old one was better. The new one no issues works well but it was almost completed faded after 7 mos where the old one still looks black and except for a few holes not a big deal still use it.

Larry, I didn't even look that close at it. But yah, that is going to be a "disposable" grill.

Redwood Creek edition, that's a new one to me:
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/for/d/shakopee-weber-redwood-creek/6888687362.html

BqrSEn6.jpg

Dang, I just looked and the Honsgo grates just went up $5.00. I wonder if it is just normal pricing changes or if the China trade wars are already hitting???

Here is a serious case of the Weber haze on black... It is on a kettle, but same thing only twenty times worse than normal.

https://madison.craigslist.org/for/d/cambria-weber-charcoal-grill/6888853924.html

Bruce,
There are people who would jump on that one, even with that much haze. It’s what the WKC people call a MBH because the bowl has metal handles. They even have knick names for the fade. I think something like “faded warrior.” If it were something other than black (originally) I would tell you to run and get it. Even so with its old style twist off ash pan, handles and vents, it is a cool old kettle. A coating of Pam would go along ways to making it look better, too. The ash pan alone is worth more than $20 to collectors.

Last edited:
Late 70's weathered warrior. Every serious kettle collector has at least one of these in the herd.
Not the prettiest kettle, but still cooks just like the day it was new.

Back