I will just leave this here

That is almost the exact same grill I bought to try and make my "Weber Snap-On" grill. I paid $60. Mine has those grates and stainless doors, too, but it didn't come with a cover.

These don't have the same frame strength as the earlier Silver A and Spirit that was based on them. On the other hand, this three burner version is the LAST grill Weber made with the original Genesis 3 burner with crossover layout. So, though not as well made (in China) at least you are still getting essentially the same grilling experience inside. No more. Front control N-S burners rule the day now.

Here is a silver A I saw for sale with a completely rusted bottom.
59634714_3663005571776_1925304126489493504_n.jpg

Shame too..rest looks great.

Hello all,
Purchased a Gen II E-310 last October and having used it that much. I noticed that the heat on my grill at max setting only reaches 450-500 degress. Takes a long time, about 15 mins to reach that temp and it won't go any higher. I've heard from some that their grill can go to 600 in like 10 mins. I've followed the instructions regarding waiting for 1 min before turning the knobs to light the grill. I've also contacted Weber and they've send me a regulator hose replacement but issue still persists. Is there a defect on my grill ? Do I have to change the burners? I live in NJ.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO-ytal1VfypAKtNwWG0js8uSXTtGkkmCvwzBA

Last edited:
Ray, Was it like that from Day one or did it degrade after a while of using it? If so, I would say you might have clogged burners. I would think you should be able to get over 500 on that grill.
Try this:
Make sure the tank is closed. Then, disconnect the hose from the tank and let it set for a minute or so. Then make sure all your burners are off and reconnect the hose to the tank. Then very slowly open the tank to full open. Then turn on burner one an light it, and then light the rest of the burners. See if that helps.

My next step would be to try a different tank.

Here is a silver A I saw for sale with a completely rusted bottom.
59634714_3663005571776_1925304126489493504_n.jpg

Shame too..rest looks great.

Yep, really nice little grill. There sure is a market for a stainless or even aluminum replacement bottom for this grill and also the longer Genesis Silver C/Gold C/Platinum. A lot of nice grills could be saved with just that one part.

The leg up front with the caster also looks suspect, but this might be repairable. I am guessing this grill was near a sprinkler system that regularly doused the bottom. I have seen that here in Florida.

Yah, it is funny how that grill looks well taken care of, but probably looks like a junked 1953 ford inside the cabinet.

Yah, it is funny how that grill looks well taken care of, but probably looks like a junked 1953 ford inside the cabinet.

Hey I learned to drive stick shift at 9 in a 53 Ford with flathead V8. Had to sit on dad's lap to reach the pedals but I DROVE that car!

Here's a dreamer that's been trying to sell a blue lid Silver B Premium for over a month. It was originally listed for $100 firm and it's now down to $75 firm.

00Q0Q_abCgpA2SOZe_1200x900.jpg

The ad does not mention how one of the lower leg braces has been zip-tied in place... It can be saved, but he'll probably be sitting on it a lot longer.

Yah, that is a $25 grill in my book. The only saving grace is the BLUE lid which might get someone to pounce.

There have been recently a lot of Silver and Gold B/C in $30 to $100 range in my area. But I am not interested in the moment. Too much work and too little rewards. Too many cheap newer or new shiny models out there for cheap to compete against.

Stefan, I have pretty completely began concentrating on the Silver B/C market for rehabs. I find them a little more modern and much simpler and cheaper to rehab than even the basic Genesis 1000's. I am still seeing NIB Weber grills around me as well but I am still finding a decent market for my rehabs so far this spring.

JKm,

I guess "firm" is a relative expression:confused:!

I keep looking for a classic blue hood like that for Brian. There is a guy in Tampa that has been re-listing the same one since before Christmas. He keeps asking 80 something. His grill looks a lot like that one, but it is missing the bottom wire rack. The lid had ugly tape marks on it that I am sure would come off. You would think that after almost six months of re-listing the guy would do something to make it look better or drop the price. He is patient if nothing else:rolleyes:!

JKm,

I guess "firm" is a relative expression:confused:!

I keep looking for a classic blue hood like that for Brian. There is a guy in Tampa that has been re-listing the same one since before Christmas. He keeps asking 80 something. His grill looks a lot like that one, but it is missing the bottom wire rack. The lid had ugly tape marks on it that I am sure would come off. You would think that after almost six months of re-listing the guy would do something to make it look better or drop the price. He is patient if nothing else:rolleyes:!

I keep seeing an ad for a barbecue that must go because we're moving. It's been listed for 11 months that I know of. Same thing for a charcoal chimney. Every week or two it gets relisted. Same exact add same exact pictures. I get that for the chimney. But hey, a we're moving this must go 4 a year, I'm thinking that's a little suspect ;) .

There is a local guy here that has an old SJ listed on CL in 3 different forums and refreshes all of the the ads like clockwork so it always stays at the top of a Weber search, for about a year. I have been tempted to buy it and give it away, just to stop the daily CL alerts. Amazing someone would be that dedicated to sell an old $10 SJ

There must be a service or piece of software that automatically posts things on CL that's causing some of this. I've had an email alert set up on CL for about a year now and some of the grills out there get re-posted at least weekly for that whole time. And, they often get posted at weird times like the middle of the night.

Here's an example: https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/grd/d/weber-grill/6874429255.html

That one shows up in my email alert every few days and has been for a year I think. I can't imagine anyone putting in that kind of effort to keep relisting a smokey joe for $30 for a year. There has to be something automated re-posting it all the time.

Yah, there are probably some third party apps that automate that process. likely the guy doesn't even have the grill any longer and probably doesn't even know the listing is out there any more. It is probably using an email address that is no longer being monitored. I see adds like that as well. Another thing on CL that is irritating is the people that are selling something and they put a couple thousand "Key words" in the listing so any search for those words hits on them even if they have absolutely NOTHING to do with Weber or any grill for that matter.

Back