I will just leave this here

There's a Silver B 50th Anniversary limited edition for sale ($30) close to me, do I want it? Was there anything special about this model? (I have a redhead 2000 and a blue 3000 for my own use, no money in flipping around here)

I picked up a Spirit 210 for free to clean up and give to my sister, but a Silver B would perhaps be a better present? About the same footprint?

There's a Silver B 50th Anniversary limited edition for sale ($30) close to me, do I want it? Was there anything special about this model? (I have a redhead 2000 and a blue 3000 for my own use, no money in flipping around here)

I picked up a Spirit 210 for free to clean up and give to my sister, but a Silver B would perhaps be a better present? About the same footprint?

Jon from Norway,

Never seen one of those! Is it possible for you to post a picture?

Jon (from Florida, USA:eek:)

That is really nice. And, no, I never have seen one:D! I guess it depends on how much room and money you have to put toward another grill. If it were near me, I would be very interested but my wife might suggest I sleep outside with it:eek:!

I have three hobbies - chainsaws, vintage sewing machines and Webers. Oh and woodworking. Atm I own 5 grills, we use two for ourselves and as both my sisters will be moving into new houses soon I've picked up a 1000 and a spirit, one for each.

I just buy stuff and kind of hide it away until she notices it and then claim I've owned it for a long time. I don't think she minds, but there is a point - I don't need 10 sewing machines or 6 grills, but then again it's hard to pass up a good deal. I do tend to make some money off this stuff whenever I sell some of it.

I'll probably buy the silver B - the Spirit I picked up feels so flimsy, I don't really want my sis first grill to be something like that��

Jon, the Silver B also has 3 long burners vs only 2 short burners on the S210.
So technically the Silver B is the better grill. Plus it is more robust and less susceptible to rust.

Jon, the Silver B also has 3 long burners vs only 2 short burners on the S210.
So technically the Silver B is the better grill. Plus it is more robust and less susceptible to rust.

I totally agree. It is extra special and historic because of the 50th Anniversary graphic, but it is also a great grill based on its design and build.

I restored a special edition Genesis for my sister also and she loves it. if you're trying to choose which one to give her I would say that Genesis. It's going to perform better, last longer, and it's a special edition that will be almost unique to her. I'm sure others like that exist but that's the first one I've ever seen, and that seems to be the consensus.

Yah, I just wonder how long the burner would last with drippings falling directly on top of it?

Yah, I just wonder how long the burner would last with drippings falling directly on top of it?

Yep, I think that would be a problem. Also, I agree with what I have seen Larry say about the Q in that the hot cast iron is an important part of how they actually work. Not so sure you would do as well with stainless rods even if the drippings weren't the issue that they are. The Weber designed grate is an integral aspect on the LP Q. On the CharQ I just got, a set of stainless rods would be a much more interesting idea that wouldn't contradict the inherent design.

Jon, they do make some aftermarket Stainles grates that are simply 4mm slabs of SS with the slots cut out in basically the same places they are on the cast iron grates. I have yet to see or hear of anyone buying a set and they are pretty expensive, but they are also very interesting if they could be a "permanent" answer to the problem with Q grill grates wearing out. The only question I have about them is the thickness. I am not sure how 4mm would hold up.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B074S23PP3/tvwb-20

Jon, they do make some aftermarket Stainles grates that are simply 4mm slabs of SS with the slots cut out in basically the same places they are on the cast iron grates. I have yet to see or hear of anyone buying a set and they are pretty expensive, but they are also very interesting if they could be a "permanent" answer to the problem with Q grill grates wearing out. The only question I have about them is the thickness. I am not sure how 4mm would hold up.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074S23PP3/?tag=TVWB-20

Here's a cheaper one for the Q1xxx, it's one piece though....

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07GJD5XY4/tvwb-20

Back