I will just leave this here

Yup. There is a store in my area that does that. Seems no matter what you search for the store will have twenty non relevant ads Pop up. They have a page of key words copied and pasted to every listing, no matter what the item is.

$30 would be a good price just for the Q200. I would grab the whole mess for the $30 in a heartbeat.

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/for/d/saugus-weber-grill/6885217689.html

"Weber grill with newer stainless steel grates, smoker box. Needs new gas bars $50 on eBay. This is a great grill. Don't tell me you'll take it for free, I know what I have."

00909_2hshedQYYKw_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_i6HyQ9fso01_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_cmpMTK6BSrV_1200x900.jpg

Wow.... just wow... Did he really shove a Genesis Silver/Gold swing shelf on a Genesis 3000? How is it going to stay up? There's nothing for it to lock into!!

Does the rat nest underneath it come with the grill?

I didn't even notice that it was a Genesis 3000 frame. hahaha Those swing shelves are basically useless.

LOL...too funny Bruce. Yah, I've been seeing a lot of those grills for free or dirt cheap in my area and all of them had rusted out bottom cabinets. It's a shame that Weber skimped on that area.

Yep, I am sure there are a lot of Weber owners right now with those grills that will never buy another Weber because of that kind of problem. Weber should send every registered owner of one of those grills a $100 gift certificate on a new Weber grill.

Yep, I am sure there are a lot of Weber owners right now with those grills that will never buy another Weber because of that kind of problem. Weber should send every registered owner of one of those grills a $100 gift certificate on a new Weber grill.

I think Weber made good by offering a "10 year warranty on everything" on the newer grills. Not sure what year they changed the warranty length to cover every part.

However...I don't think I could bring myself to buy a newer Weber until they fix the igniter button. Cheapest one I ever seen.

Does anyone know anything about this version? 2-burner Genesis Silver "Professional".

I'm picking it up on monday, the guy has added stainless grates a couple years back. I have a 210 spirit I had planned to give to my sister, but the frame quality is bothering me. Hoping this one more like the old genesis.
YOgzboR.jpg

Cover also says Professional
zl0Ku8F.jpg

Anyone in the twin cities want to try their hand at restoring a Genesis 5000?

Saw this sad looking grill waiting to go to the dump at my local Ace hardware.

9ptqeD7.jpg

I was in mpls yesterday... damn

That is a shame. A really cool grill if someone was willing to work hard on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know anything about this version? 2-burner Genesis Silver "Professional".

I'm picking it up on monday, the guy has added stainless grates a couple years back. I have a 210 spirit I had planned to give to my sister, but the frame quality is bothering me. Hoping this one more like the old genesis.
YOgzboR.jpg

Cover also says Professional
zl0Ku8F.jpg

That is a new one on me. Looks really nice, too. I will bet it was a Europe only Weber special. You all get some of the coolest options!!! I wonder what you got besides a graphic for it being a "Professional" model?

It is pretty cool how they worked out having the graphic show through the vent in the old style cover.

Last edited:
I have seen a few cheap ones in my area in the past days.
Like this one for $25:
https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/134a716a
There was also a red head for $15 and another Silver C with a maroon lid for $20 or $25. I guess with weather slowly getting better we now have folks getting new grills and dumping their old ones.

That is a shame. A really cool grill if someone was willing to work hard on it.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a new one on me. Looks really nice, too. I will bet it was a Europe only Weber special. You all get some of the coolest options!!! I wonder what you got besides a graphic for it being a "Professional" model?

It is pretty cool how they worked out having the graphic show through the vent in the old style cover.

There are some unique models, I'll give you that, but I would give them all up for a 5000 or a 1st gen Summit;) As it is, I've bought the only redhead I've ever seen here and am happy with it.

Didnt catch the seethru cover. Thats neat! I'll see if I can figure out what makes it professional when I pick it up. Looks to be in good shape.

I have seen a few cheap ones in my area in the past days.
Like this one for $25:
https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/134a716a
There was also a red head for $15 and another Silver C with a maroon lid for $20 or $25. I guess with weather slowly getting better we now have folks getting new grills and dumping their old ones.

That Gold looks really nice. I think even the bottom is well within restorability, so all you need are the typical consumable parts and you would have one really nice grill that blends the classic Weber Genesis design with a look modern enough for people who prefer that. Looks like a great flip candidate to me.

Back