I will just leave this here

Welp, another kick in the bean bag. It was listed as 40 minutes away. Clicked on the address, it’s 2 hours away. Seller feels horrible. So do we. However, the silver lining is we scored this beauty, for free. So ultimately a win for the day. Have a great 4th everybody! 🇺🇸
Congratulations that's awesome!! I'm on the look out for a first generation performer!

Based on a lot of things I've seen on this forum, I'm guessing that a lot of people don't even know the right way to cook on their Genesis 1000-5000 grills or Silver B/C grills. Weber included a nice cookbook with these grills that outlined the proper way to cook on them. Most of the time it advised you to use indirect cooking on things like hamburgers for example to avoid flare-ups. So you would fire up all three burners and then turn off the center burner to cook your burgers in the middle of the grill.
I 100% agree. It wasn't until I picked up my 2 burner N/S spirit ~8 years ago that I really learned how to properly 'grill' -- before that I was on my spirit 500 where I would just 'heat it up and throw meat on it -- maybe a little seasoning' - I thought I was pretty good at that time..... Once you get the whole cooking thing down --- then comes the 'seasonings curve' --- the basting/saucing curve is pretty easy --- then the 'prep curve' --- then the 'smoke curve'.... Each one just adds a whole new layer to the food! I don't know why most of us don't learn these things earlier - but once you learn what can be done - really EASILY with a little bit of planning and forethought - you really start to demand better of yourself..... It becomes obvious when you see those that haven't 'gotten it yet'.

@Scott-MI $15 well spent!

I think there is a positive side to all different types of cooking methods. No right or wrong. I think it's good to keep an open mind and try different things to see what works best for you. Some things you can't be told what's best you have to experience it for yourself and makeup your own mind. I try not to judge what I don't know. So it's time to try some new things.

Well, part if the reason I acquired 2 kettles is my boy scout & prepper mentality, I like redundancy and options. We have multiple sources of heat, water, power, etc. I had that mindset decades before Covid and recent supply chain issues. i.e. While propane is indeed abundant, it may not always be accessible. I think someone here said they are dealing with rolling blackouts in California this week... time to fire up those grills!

What is the difference between a Genes Gold natural gas cookbox and a Genesis silver propane cookbox. I thought they were interchangeable.

I used to work for a guy that smoked his Marlboros from sun up to sun down and beyond. He was always crowing about his Marlboro Miles swag. One day I mentioned that he should probably start saving his miles to redeem them for an iron lung. The ensuing silence was deafening.
When I was a little kid our neighbor Mr St. Laurent paneled the interior of his home. The paneling was paid for with coupons from Raleigh cigarettes.

In all fairness that was long ago. The paneling may have outlasted Mr St Laurent

What is the difference between a Genes Gold natural gas cookbox and a Genesis silver propane cookbox. I thought they were interchangeable.
I could be mistaken but I thought two years of gold were different from silver. 2000 and 2001, and in 2002 the gold used the same cookbox as the silver

Also don't have my truck here so I would have to fit it into the back of a Nissan Armada. It's pretty big SUV and I could always take the grill partially apart at sellers location.
If you work at it and get as much off as you, can it will fit. Barb and I stuffed a gen 2000 and a gen 1000 frame into to her Santa Fe that we picked up in Phoenix.
Worst part was listening to all of it rattle going home.

I could be mistaken but I thought two years of gold were different from silver. 2000 and 2001, and in 2002 the gold used the same cookbox as the silver
Wouldn’t come down to frame tube size? The fat frame tubes that are rectangular have a different firebox that the smaller square tube platinum/gold/silver B and C’s? I have never seen a fat tube in person

Wouldn’t come down to frame tube size? The fat frame tubes that are rectangular have a different firebox that the smaller square tube platinum/gold/silver B and C’s? I have never seen a fat tube in person
I don't know for certain.

I recall seeing pics online of an early Genesis Gold with an 8006 control panel, but only five flavorizer bars. I've not seen one in person.

If you work at it and get as much off as you, can it will fit. Barb and I stuffed a gen 2000 and a gen 1000 frame into to her Santa Fe that we picked up in Phoenix.
Worst part was listening to all of it rattle going home.
There are quite a few here in Arizona that I would like to pick up! Even a couple Juniors. Problem is my house in Arizona is not really set up for restoration projects. As much as I would like to do them here I think I'll probably have to wait until I'm retired and hear full-time to take on projects like that. I would love to be able to scoop some of these Webers up and bring them back to my house in Washington.

I don't know for certain.

I recall seeing pics online of an early Genesis Gold with an 8006 control panel, but only five flavorizer bars. I've not seen one in person.
That's correct Dan. I actually have a set of those flavorizer bars that I used in my Genesis 1000 for years because they fit perfectly and I got them on a closeout at Ace hardware.

BLACKOUT SIDEWINDER

I just posted this brick red sidewinder with blackout paint trim and stainless-steel interior panels:

IMG_5469.JPEG
IMG_5476.JPEG

I wish I could offer more of the stainless-steel backs and bottoms, but this is my last set. They were made for me by a friend from when I lived in Florida who owned a sheet metal shop.

BLACKOUT SIDEWINDER

I just posted this brick red sidewinder with blackout paint trim and stainless-steel interior panels:

View attachment 95126
View attachment 95127

I wish I could offer more of the stainless-steel backs and bottoms, but this is my last set. They were made for me by a friend from when I lived in Florida who owned a sheet metal shop.

Nice looking grill Jon

I think the blackout look would have worked better with a black hood and doors. Maybe I should have tried to match the brick red on the shelf trim aluminum end cap pieces or even used silver as is done on the newest Webers.

I wanted to keep this grill, but I am under a new operating regime that recognizes that I can't possibly have every cool Weber as a "keeper."

Back