I will just leave this here

No. But you could make a platform out of wood to set in there that the Q100 would sit on. That is for a Q200....or maybe a Q300. But weber did not make those for the baby Q.

Man I'm really going to have to up my BBQ game then. It's definitely time.
Man...... just wait until you smoke your first meatloaf --- its game over after that - you'll want smoke on everything after that.
I just hope you are one of the ones that has a palate for the different smoke flavors and can appreciate them --- many don't have it and only taste 'smoke'. If you are in the latter group - smoke wood doesn't matter.

Man...... just wait until you smoke your first meatloaf --- its game over after that - you'll want smoke on everything after that.
I just hope you are one of the ones that has a palate for the different smoke flavors and can appreciate them --- many don't have it and only taste 'smoke'. If you are in the latter group - smoke wood doesn't matter.
I'm sure it will matter and make a difference to me.

Just wait until you get a real smoker. Then you can be unstoppable Josh :D As for pellets, maybe look for something you would like the flavor of. I.E. Hickory and fruit wood blends will tend to give you a lighter/sweeter smoke, Oak surprisingly is sweeter as well. I would buy small bags. Don't go buying the huge 40# bags or even the 20#. Try to find the smaller bags if you can. Likely want to avoid mesquite though. It's VERY assertive if you're not expecting it. My fav is the blends with Oak/Hickory or Oak/Hickory/Cherry. Great all around smoke. Rather than trying to find a single type.

Just wait until you get a real smoker. Then you can be unstoppable Josh :D As for pellets, maybe look for something you would like the flavor of. I.E. Hickory and fruit wood blends will tend to give you a lighter/sweeter smoke, Oak surprisingly is sweeter as well. I would buy small bags. Don't go buying the huge 40# bags or even the 20#. Try to find the smaller bags if you can. Likely want to avoid mesquite though. It's VERY assertive if you're not expecting it. My fav is the blends with Oak/Hickory or Oak/Hickory/Cherry. Great all around smoke. Rather than trying to find a single type.
I would like to try a smoker and performer or something similar at some point for sure. Also my brother in-law wants a nice GMG so I will grab a nice used one to clean up for him at some point and I'll try it first. That will be a nice smoker test.
The Weber Kamado looks good too but I have no idea. I have a lot of projects so it will be a while before I invest my time into something new. I definitely want to do some smoking and slow cooking and stuff like that when I'm retired. I wouldn't mind dabbling in it though at this point if I can find the time.

If I did not have the pellet grills I'd try hard to find a Weber Summit Kamado. While I know purists will say "stick burner". I don't have the time, patience or place to safely run one. So the WSK is the only worthy "other" product I'd use.

I have only used gas grills so I don't even know what to expect from anything else. I will always have gas grills but it would be cool to have an outdoor kitchen with multiple options.
You could always start off with picking up a cheap kettle to see if it's something you might like. I grew up on food cooked on a Weber kettle, had I not been given a Weber gas grill as a wedding present I might still be cooking on one. I've always enjoyed the food I turn out on my gasser and you just can't beat the convenience. Every once in a while I look at buying a kettle but never pull the trigger on it. I don't know that it means anything other than I'm satisfied with my old grill.

Back